UaVS-Yrtchull's Return...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Thank you all sincerely for your infinate patience while i set some things right in my life...and now, without further ado...

IG

Guiding the boat towards the place were Vorath claims the Withchfire Inn to be, the band notices irregular patrols of what must pass for the Watch, or soldiers here. Boats of bugbears and hobgoblins, with the occassional duergar scan all that they pass, though their mood seems curious,rather than belliegerant.

Within half an hour, the boat makes purchase on a long think pier. An ogre hauls the prow around, tying it off in a series of kots that show more skill than one would expect from such a brute. Pointing a gnarled finger further down the block, where a podium awaits, a fat ,old Goblin waits patiently for the band.

Upon approach, he is an easy enough fellow, trading a small silver plaque for the small pile of coins pushed forward for berthing. Looking pleased with the amount (obviously having never had to face danger, or proper treasure), he quickly pockets a few gold coins and hurredly directs all to the Witchfire Inn, not two blocks away.

At the doors to the Inn, a drunk bugbear snorts awake and smiles, showing more teeth missing than left. he scurries out of the way in the face of such a determined band, and you finally all enter a bit of proper civilization.

Within, a raucous din resounds, taking you off guard, so long ahve you had nothing but each other's voices for company, save the roaring of some beastly foe.

In one corner, a trio of hobgoblins is bellowing loudly, substituting crass words in an old surface elven love ballad.

Something like twenty other partons, mostly goblinoids and the occassional orc eat and drink, with a quartet of female Duergar moving amongst them, trays laden with meats and fungus soups, frothing ales and bitter smelling wines atop them.
behind a bar stands an extraordinarily tall Hobgoblin, his head topping seven feet. Looking at you all as you enter, he nods at a nearby Bugbear, who stands, his posture suggesting a modicum of friendliness, who then saunters over to you.

'Evening Gents...an what would you be looking fer, food we have a'plenny, an good strong drink. Rooms too, set up fer Gobs an Bugbears, Drow an...' he falters at the close sight of Vorath and Urftuk,'well, set up fer all, I reckon. Rooms might seem a bit steep at 20 Gold a night, but they fit twp in luxury, and they come with certain security measures that those who come here require.I kin transact rooms, although the wenches will be more'n happy ta see to yer food and drinkin needs, if'n that's all you need.'

It is quite evident to all (well, not to Urftuk...) that the nugbear isnt taking any pains to conceal that information can be had for the right price. With a knowing nod, he glances quickly to the Drow behind the bar as an answer to the unasked question of just where that information would come from...

Vendetta

First Post
((OOC Great to see you back, Uriel. Also, just in case you didn't see the warnings yesterday, these forums are under some maintenance of some kind and posts *might* disappear... so if you don't already, please save your post above just in case.))

Vorath smiles, which comes across as an altogether scary expression on the insectile face. "We must chose cohabitants?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
"I'll get us a room," Grolvus says to Arngen, and steps forward.

He reaches into his pocket and hands the bugbear a fistful of gold. (20 gp)

Vendetta

First Post
((OOC: Ug... I seem to have lost the subscription to the OOC thread... could anyone link that for me? Is this game dead? Did Uriel post his absense on that thread and I missed it because I lost the subscription somehow?))

Remove ads