• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UKon 2007

Ceresco

First Post
Greetings one and all,

I am the gaming coordinator for UKon, a small gaming convention held in Lexington, KY and hosted by the Miskatonic Student Union, the gaming club at UK. I only got involved with UKon last year because I wanted to pimp Living Arcanis and addict... I mean convert... or rather, introduce new people to Arcanis: the World of Shattered Empires (shameless pimiping).

I immediatly saw that the con committee needed help on a number of levels, and being the INTJ that I am, I jumped up, grabbed the bull by the horns, and began to apply my 25 ranks in Skill: Schmooze and got what looked to be a non-event and got the con it's second largest turnout ever, 105 attendees. I was very happy to say the least.

This year I am hoping to ramp it up a notch or two. I have been directed to Warhorn.net and will use this amazing tool. We're planning/hoping to do a couple of events that will draw in the gamers. But (there's always a but) we've run into a couple of snags. This is the reason for my post.

One of the events is a Legend of the Burning Sand CCG tournament. Apparently a local gamer got permission to revive the game and start a story line. Now, I know diddly squat about CCGs other than the bit of M:tG I played back in '94-'96, and even less about LotBS. So, we're planning on having some super special tournament involving this story but there's one hitch, we can't find any boxes of boosters so we can do the event. They are no where to be found in KY and I've had zero luck finding anything on line. I'm hoping that amongst this vast gamer community some one, some where would know some FLGS that has a case of boosters stored in the back taking up space. The Miskies of UK would gladly buy them. I hope the famous giving nature and overwhelming generosity of gamers will bear me fruit and someone will be able to get me in contact with the owner of said boosters.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,

Edward Kopp: Arcaniac at Large
UKon Game Coordinator
Miskatonic Student Union

Remove ads