• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultimate Combat previews have started!

Kaiyanwang

Adventurer
Enemies go down in one hit at level 1 anyway, so what's that really matter? A monk can win two checks which are definitely not guaranteed and give someone the pinned condition. My Greatsword Fighter can hit and deal 2d6 +6 damage and give someone the dead/dying condition.

As you go up with level, things go better. You can mix it up with qinjong for true strike, and even with weapon master or four wind.

Unless I am wrong (check!) rerolled check, additional standard actions and stuff add more awesome. You just must realize is a melee controller.

Since you add wisdom to the maneuver, you have reasons to pump it and then have a decent DC of Touch of Serenity and Stunning Fist.

And now see a monster Grab the Monk, cause AOO unexpectedly, and being forced to a SoL will save.

paradox42

First Post
Several things on the list interest me.

Achaeologist Bard- can we reasonably expect Indiana Jones here?

Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger- is this the Man With No Name from A Fistful of Dollars and its sequels?

Kensai returns- as a Magus Archetype? That will be very interesting to see- I suspect something similar to the Bladebound but able to use any weapon of the correct type.

And the Wizard Archetypes- every one of them screams "Warmage" to me, by which I mean, a mage designed for army or other combat use, rather than the masters of utility and control most Wizards seem to become in typical (IME) parties.

Shisumo

First Post
All we have are names so far. Probably the one that is most intriguing to me (and, I suspect, has the most potential for controversy) is the urban barbarian...

paradox42

First Post
All we have are names so far. Probably the one that is most intriguing to me (and, I suspect, has the most potential for controversy) is the urban barbarian...
Agreed. What about a Barbarian, exactly, needs to change when (s)he's in a city as opposed to wilderness? I can see many Rage Powers not fitting very well, but an entire Archetype seems like overkill to me (just invent new Rage Powers if that's the problem).

Remove ads