Ultimate SECRET WAR "Issue #0, Prelude to WAR"

Insight

Adventurer
DanMcS said:
"Holy Crap!" Hawkeye's voice activates the radio, "Hawkeye to team, I've got one, two, a whole s---load of light flashes on the far side of the playpen from my perch, anybody got a visual on this?"

Namor, already aloft, takes a turn towards the light flashes Hawkeye pointed out, trying to get a better look at what exactly they might be.

Kevin Perrine

First Post
the Singularity band!

DanMcS said:
"Holy Crap!" Hawkeye's voice activates the radio, "Hawkeye to team, I've got one, two, a whole s---load of light flashes on the far side of the playpen from my perch, anybody got a visual on this?"

HOLY MOLY!
STAND STRAIGHT

True Believers!!

This is sure to be a tale so exciting that you're likely to run to mommy asking for the money to buy this comic!!!

(Ironically) HAWKEYE - has it right!
His are the first eyes to catch the energy spikes as they twist and encompass what look to be ... four... no... five or more unlucky individuals at the base of the Western Archway!!
NANO-Seconds later IronMan - several hundred feet above catches the readings...
OFF THE CHART readings
Centred on a Z-axis from the singularity - the armored Ultimate begins picking up Delta, Gamma, Quantum energy bands ...
and then traces of over 142 elements!
22 that had previously never been designated on the Periodical Charts!!!

Dr. Richards quickly reads the same information, beyond Pym particles and his own N-particle research no new elements have been added to the chart in years!!

and as quickly as the energy opened it disappears... the people caught in the energy disappear inside the shadowed complex with it.

and all is silent again...

farik

First Post
Bruce Banner

Spiderman said:
"Oh boy... That was absolute the worst hangover I've had... and I didn't even drink anything..."
Spider-man is shaking the last cobwebs out of his head while Fury gives his briefing.

During their flight, he presents his hand to Dr. Banner. "Doctor, this is an honor. I've read much about you and your work. So how does this gizmo work, exactly?"

Taken aback by the wall crawler's recognition Banner stares at the hand for a moment before shaking it awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you as well..."is that supposed to be a subtle jab at my Hulk activities??..unless he's actually interested in my research... no he must be mocking me. "The receptors measure harmonic variance on a minute sample of synthetic radioactive material. The perceptive effects of your inhuman senses will influence the waveforms by performing a mathematical equivalent of geometric triangulation a sub-routine I developed should extrapolate the data into an assortment of data for analysi..." noticing the stares of the nearby troops. "You put these on and I get data on this terminal" as Banner points to a laptop.

Spiderman said:
When they get onsite, Spider-man starts trying to work on picking up minute details from his Spider Sense.

Banner studies the data
Sci: Physics + roll = 25
Computers + roll = 20
Prof: scientist + roll = 19
Search + roll = 16

Dalamar

Adventurer
Spider-Man

If he wasn't wearing his mask, Banner could see Spider-man's eyes go wide.
"You seem to know more about my Spider-Sense than I do. Once we're done with this, I'd really like to talk with you about it."

farik

First Post
Dalamar said:
If he wasn't wearing his mask, Banner could see Spider-man's eyes go wide.
"You seem to know more about my Spider-Sense than I do. Once we're done with this, I'd really like to talk with you about it."

A small smile emerges on Banner's face.

"Actually my calculations are dependent on a minimal understanding of your perceptions. Ironically due to the logarithimic quantum properties I incorporate the more information I collect on your power the less accurate the data collected will be..."

Becoming self-conscious of his rambling Banner turns his head back towards the lap-top.

"I mean sure we can discuss it later." As long as Fury's goons don't lock me up again.

Velmont

First Post
Pietro stop near the F-4. "Hey!, The fantastic. Fury is there, so if you want to do anything with that thing, please report to him, so he can handle anything happening. I suggest to ask permisssion to him before doing anything, we don't any civilian lose, and Fury is not in a good mood, so he may overreact on you. Got to go!" And he quickly dissapear, finishing his round.

"Quicksilver to Fury. the Fantastic Four are there, on the east side. Warn them to talk to you before they do anything. Dunno if they will listen. A drunk civilian on the south side, doesn't seem to move much, too drunk. Some strange thing seems to happen inside that structure, but it was quick, dunno what exactly..."

Hawkeye said:

Quicksilver move fastly to see what happening

"...sight confirm, Hawkeye. Report finish, Fury!"

Mimic

First Post
Thor

Frustrated for not being able to control the storm, Thor scans the structure trying to figure out what it is and who made it.

"There seems to be some sort of darkness blocking off the interior. Do you want me to get a closer look?" Thor shouts into his communicator, so he can be heard of the raging storm.

Velmont said:
Pietro stop near the F-4. "Hey!, The fantastic. Fury is there, so if you want to do anything with that thing, please report to him, so he can handle anything happening. I suggest to ask permisssion to him before doing anything, we don't any civilian lose, and Fury is not in a good mood, so he may overreact on you. Got to go!" And he quickly dissapear, finishing his round.

"Quicksilver to Fury. the Fantastic Four are there, on the east side. Warn them to talk to you before they do anything. Dunno if they will listen. A drunk civilian on the south side, doesn't seem to move much, too drunk. Some strange thing seems to happen inside that structure, but it was quick, dunno what exactly..."

Quicksilver move fastly to see what happening

"...sight confirm, Hawkeye. Report finish, Fury!"
Fantastic Four
She-Hulk:
"Reed? Do you think we should move back a bit? I'm feeling a little tingly here." As she turns back to look at the others, her emerald tresses start to float up in the air as if charged with static electricity or suddenly weightless...

Last edited:

Spoils

First Post
DCE = Distributed Computing Environment

Kevin Perrine said:
"Copy that IM... I want you personally pulling the polar orbiting weather satellite images for any other disturbances worldwide. Go on a spiral pattern, "Stonehenge-NPC" is ground zero and sweep the through Washington DC, top priority then move on to world view. Relay data at your descretion...
Once you get a digital map of the structure I want it online for the team and your ass on the ground for Cap's backup...

Iron Man dropped beneath the roiling cloud cover and got his first bird's-eye view of 'Stonehenge.' Despite the tense situation, he could not help but be impressed. Even as he admired the elegance with which this structure had to have been built, he was already going to work. "Flight autonav, target: Captain America. Pattern Beta-Erratic." Tony called up secure communication relays to Banner, Pym, & Richards and recorded a brief greeting, "Iron Man here, prep to receive sensor data." Briefly muting the link, he chuckled to himself, "If Fury wants that info fast, he'll get it fast. Let them wonder how I did it..."

When it needs to be, the Iron Man armor is an excellent communications, sensor, and computational relay. But for this job, Tony needed something more. Relying on autonavigational flight, he linked the Iron Man interface to the nearest Stark Enterprises office and from there, formed a connection to PLATO. "PLATO, begin task queuing; Priority-1, StarkDCE is authorized. 1. Comprehensive weather sat. view re: my location. 2. Repeat scan, view re: Washington, D.C. 3. Repeat scan, global scope, spiral pattern from my location. Relay final results to me. Tony out." Tony chuckled to himself; by now, every Stark Enterprises computer would seem just a little sluggish, as each one performed a piece of the work that PLATO could distribute. Computer / Science roll: 23. Pretty sure I've burned a hero point on top of that for extra-effort, though I couldn't pinpoint exactly how. :)

Iron Man's view of the landscape was already changing, as high resolution images were downloaded and overlaid upon everything in sight. Even the clouds took on a strange texture as his display smeared them with colored lines of predicted movement. Bright, colored lines... that tangled in a dangerous pattern.

Kevin Perrine said:
As Tony begins to work, no truer could his fears become...
In addition to the previously scanned O2 drop, atmospheric events seemed to have exceeded and coincided with a previously unknown funnel singularity!!

It was true to the untrained eye the O2 drop seemed as a unique event and no spiraling is taking place, but as data streams in and analysis is formed by the Ultimates IronMan's data clearly shows a distress in weather conditions suggesting a vortex in Mid-town, the eye in Central Park, "Stonehenge-NYC". As IronMan feared if this worsens at the rate it's forming New England can expect localized tornado activity. Multiple funnel formations are estimated in t-minus 23 minutes at current rate of storm activity!!

Iron Man kicked in a burst of speed, urgently trying to get out of the air and down to Captain America's side before things got any worse. On the way down, he linked again with his allies' clearance-desks and sent them each a copy of the satellite results.

Did the global scans indicate anything else unusual? Were there more of these structures in other cities across the world? Was anything strange going on at Stonehenge itself?

Last edited:

farik

First Post
Banner

noticing the streaming data being relayed by Iron Man

"This looks very bad. FURY!! You need to see this!"

Remove ads