• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultimate Secret War (see OOC: Recruiting Thread)

Would you be interested in a modern retelling of Marvel's Secret Wars, using M&M?

• No, not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Kevin Perrine

First Post
I'm thinking of possibly trying to run my first Play By Email game...
I thought (if I do) I'd choose something that's dear to my heart from growing up loving comics and update it to a modern game.

[SEE BELOW for details on character creation. *COMING SOON]

Hence...
Marvel Super Heroes
ULTIMATE SECRET WARS
-------------------------------
A mysterious omnipotent being calling itself the Beyonder, intrigued by humanity and the concept of good and evil, whisks away the world's most prominent heroes and their villainous counterparts to a world that would be their battle arena.

My thought would be to take the ideas of the original Secret War and run with them with characters updated from the "ULTIMATE" Marvel Comics setting. Of course this will/can include many heroes and villains that have NOT been seen in the current Ultimate comics lines.

would folks be interested?

thanks
-kev-

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Yes :D

But what character to choose... Now that's a toughie. Spidey is always cool (though the symbiote doesn't work the way it originally did). Who all have received official Ultimate versions?

Shalimar

First Post
Dalamar said:

But what character to choose... Now that's a toughie. Spidey is always cool (though the symbiote doesn't work the way it originally did). Who all have received official Ultimate versions?
Spider-man (Black Cat, Kingpin, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Shocker, Sandman, Lizard, Venom, Kraven)
Daredevil
X-men (Magneto, Sinister, Quicksilver, Toad, Saber tooth, Scarlet witch, the brotherhood)
Elektra
Fantastic Four (Doom? never read this series)
Ultimates (Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Wasp, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Giant Man, etc)

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Good questions.
I'm still working out all the guidelines for characters and such.
I'm thinking I'll have a list of characters to choose from with an option of someone naming a new character or two at the most to add into the mix if you give me good reason.
I'd like to know that someone looking to play Ultimate Spidey (or another character) will be able to roleplay in the style of that character well, so I was thinking of having players tell me quickly how they plan to play the character - but that might be too much.
For Stats - I plan to give out the PL per character and keep stat blocks private between me and the player.

and to add to that...
I know that I'd want a maximum of 25 Heroes, with numbers split between the smaller teams to make it even (see teams)
off the top of my head here's the group of heroes from the original Secret Wars: (*plus my additional choices)

FANTASTIC FOUR [4 characters minimum]
Mr. Fantastic
Human Torch
Thing
She-Hulk
Invisible Girl*

X-MEN [6 characters minimum]
Professor X
Nightcrawler
Storm
Cyclops
Colossus (& Lockheed)
Rogue
Wolverine
Kitty Pryde*
Jean Grey*
Iceman*
Angel*
Beast*

AVENGERS (Ultimates) [6 characters minimum]
Captain America
Thor
Wasp
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Photon (formerly Captain Marvel)
Giant Man*
Ant Man*

SOLOS [3 characters minimum]
Spiderman
Hulk
Magneto
Daredevil*
Powerman*
Ironfist*

that'll get us started thinking
I may add more as I go... can you guys think of others that should be included?
-kev-

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Dalamar said:

I meant to say that even if a character has or HAS NOT been done in the Ultimate setting, I'm happy with "reimagining" the characters in Ultimate style as long as players remain true to the original character idea.

I'd say I'm open to new suggestions for characters with the caveat being that I'll accept or decline any based on their powerlevel (or affect on the story) and if I like the character or not.
I'll tell ya right now I'm NOT a fan of Gambit, Deadpool, Punisher and some other "heroes" of that style... so they won't get in.

hope that helps
-kev-

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'll see if I can get my hands on some Ultimate comics too how the characters have turned up (so far I've only read Spidey, and a few of X-men). But most likely I'll end up choosing Spidey since he's been my favourite for a long while.

And Thane, like it says in the first post
A mysterious omnipotent being calling itself the Beyonder, intrigued by humanity and the concept of good and evil, whisks away the world's most prominent heroes and their villainous counterparts to a world that would be their battle arena.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Oh, I foolishly assumed there was a bit more to it. :)

So it's basically just some sort of big superhuman royal rumble? :p

Bye
Thanee

Dalamar

Adventurer
Well, there is Galactus, who is there to represent neutrality. Lots of things happen, people changing sides and what not.

And in the end, nobody remembers any of it. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads