• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultramodern Firearms. A question, Grim-n-gritty

Albert_Fish

First Post
Does the Ultra modern Firearms books give you enough info on each weapon so you might derive the statistics for a Grim-n-gritty system rules set ( caliber, barrle length, propellant size, ect)? Or does the ook use another set of mechanics that give each weapon its own personality?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Albert_Fish said:
Does the Ultra modern Firearms books give you enough info on each weapon so you might derive the statistics for a Grim-n-gritty system rules set ( caliber, barrle length, propellant size, ect)? Or does the ook use another set of mechanics that give each weapon its own personality?

For the most part I would say yes. It certainly has caliber, and a description (detailed) that often includes propellant size. It also has stuff on bullet types. I think it is fairly consistent across the board for the weapons.

magnas_veritas

First Post
Re: Re: Ultramodern Firearms. A question, Grim-n-gritty

Mistwell said:

For the most part I would say yes. It certainly has caliber, and a description (detailed) that often includes propellant size. It also has stuff on bullet types. I think it is fairly consistent across the board for the weapons.

And, on the off chance you can find a copy of the original version, you can see where the graininess was and how that translated.

Heck, I thought about getting the d20 UMF book, but my original copy is easy enough to convert over figuring out guidelines from d20 Modern Core.

Brad

Remove ads