UN Available Gear, Transportation, and Resources

Bront

The man with the probe
We should nail down what rescources, including transportation and gear, are available to the UN characters, for consistancy.

Kylara

First Post
I'd go with Javalin type craft dubbed Vigilant's. Created by a Tinker Super in Britain, and quickly donated to the UN Super Project in the hopes that they'd let the inventor have access to their funding to create his precious toys.

Dr. Alexander Marks is responsible for a great deal of the advanced technology utilized by the UN Taskforces, creating them, in his hidden laboratory, he wants nothing more then to work in peace, and with his results, the UN is more then willing to give him the privacy to do so.

I'd suggest standard equipment of:
Communicator, GPS, Medkit (as well as other tool kits) kept in the Vigilant, anything beyond this stuff should be paid for by the characters themselves.

Bront

The man with the probe
So, is there 1 Vigilant then that flys around to support other teams? Or does one team get it and the rest are out of luck? Or are their multiples of them?

Kylara

First Post
Bront said:
So, is there 1 Vigilant then that flys around to support other teams? Or does one team get it and the rest are out of luck? Or are their multiples of them?

I was thinking a couple, I just wanted to make sure the word for one came across, the plural would be Vigilants I guess.

Velmont

First Post
I don't have my book yet, so I don't know how it will work, but for the communicator, what will be the difference with Radio Recieving/Broadcasting feats (if it still exist).

Kylara

First Post
They can be plot devices, its not really important since everyone will have one, but unless you spend a PP on it, yours can be taken away, destroyed, etc at whim by the GM,and be replaced next time you get to HQ, actually come to think of it, that is the same a as being a device regardless of paying points, so I'd just say everyone has one by default with no PP expenditure, and leave it at that, its simply not important to detail them too much.

Bront

The man with the probe
I like the idea of the speedy transport (Supersonic, VTOL), and the comunicators. I guess we'll have a nameless UN trained Pilot for each one as well so the PCs don't have to fly, but the vehicle isn't equiped with weapons or any special other gear unless the PCs provide it.

Gideon

First Post
The VTOLs could have a pilot program that gave a bonus to the pilot skill. But it really doesn't work during combat. Similar to the auto-pilots in a variety of futuristic movies.

The basics of flying could be taken care of but if a GM/adventure wanted ariel combat it would be all Pilot skill.

Remove ads