• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Unbounded World:The Aeterian Expedition] (Now With New And Improved Amulets!)

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Our Councellor of Divination has used every spell he knew, and could find nothing more regarding its location than we've told you. We also consulted with a high priest and he could tell us nothing more. "

DrZombie

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Approaching the barbarian, he says: "Funny you came here to babysit us. It's you that are still obeying your mommy's commands, from what I heard."
He tries to keep a straight face, but his mouth stretches in a grin as soon as he offers his hand "My name is Duncan, northlander. Have you got one too?"
"Well, take care about what you say about my mother, she'll eat you for breakfast. Alive." He says with a big grin, revealing a mouth full of razor-sharp incisors. His purple eyes gouge look into yours, gouging your reaction. Your suspicions that he's not entirely human are confirmed when he grabs yout hand in a warriors handshake. You cannot fail to notice that his fingernails are more like claws, and his skin has a different texture, and is composed of tiny silver scales. While giving your hand a squeeze that's a hair short of breaking something, he's carefull not to draw blood with his claws.

"Skor Bloodfist some call me, although most just say 'that rotten whores-son' when they think I can't hear 'em, and 'have mercy' when they realise I did."

taranna said:
"Please settle, Dragon-Son,we are all friends here. To intoduce myself, I am Tarrana of Aboloseath. To answer your question, our countries have decided that it is necessary to retrieve an ancient artifact to combat the invasion, of the Faerie. Our divinations have revealed little other than that it is somewhere in Aeter, which is most troubling. We wish you to journey their and retrieve it, Teppic has been hired as your guide, and transported here , so you can become familiar with each other's styles during your trip back across the ocean. We can offer you 100 000 GP each for the return of the sword to us. Unforunately none of us have the time to tarry here and await your return, you will have to seek out one of us to return the sword, since Aboloseath, is closest to here, it would seem to be the best place, but I am aware that some do not trust us. " Here she smiles at Duncah "And we understand that, some of my fellows are not very concerned with a good image. So what do you all say ?"
"That's half up-front isn't it? It looks to be a very long journey, and my travel-expenses tend to be quite high."

Kalanyr

Explorer
Taranna laughs in a friendly fashion

"You really do have a good sense of humour. We have already paid for some of your equipment upfront as agreed, the remaining 100 000 Gold will be paid upon return of the sword.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Kalanyr said:
"I am aware that some do not trust us. " Here she smiles at Duncan "And we understand that, some of my fellows are not very concerned with a good image. So what do you all say ?"
Duncan returns a wide smile, trying to picture in his mind the back, ravaged by lashes, of the last peasant he illegally sneaked out of that accursed country.
"Did you call someone else, and when should we take the sea?"
DrZombie said:
"Well, take care about what you say about my mother, she'll eat you for breakfast. Alive." He says with a big grin, revealing a mouth full of razor-sharp incisors. His purple eyes gouge look into yours, gouging your reaction. Your suspicions that he's not entirely human are confirmed when he grabs yout hand in a warriors handshake. You cannot fail to notice that his fingernails are more like claws, and his skin has a different texture, and is composed of tiny silver scales. While giving your hand a squeeze that's a hair short of breaking something, he's carefull not to draw blood with his claws.
"Skor Bloodfist some call me, although most just say 'that rotten whores-son' when they think I can't hear 'em, and 'have mercy' when they realise I did."
The Brown Warrior is impressed by the half-dragon's strength. Few people can rival his own. "Glad to have us at our side, Skor. Do you usually have? Mercy, I mean."

What a conundrum you have sent me, Paradox...recovering a blade that will resist even the wisdom of the gods as oil is unto water, or vice versa...a formidable task indeed that I will relish. The cleric thinks in silent prayer as she watches Skor and Duncan. Her face remains impassive as she ponders which one would win in a fight.

Finally, she introduces herself to the others, "My name is Talsia. If you have not guessed it already, or, if you want your suspicions confirmed, I am a priestess of Paradox. It seems like you both are able-bodied warriors, yet I do not spot any weapons upon your person, Skor. Have you been trained in a martial art, I imagine?"

"And sir Tepic, might I inquire as to what talents you possess that would help us in this mission?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Walking calmly into the audience room, Lochan gives a single respectful bow of his head to the distinguished figures in the room. Turning to the others assembled he bows his head once again, taking in each figure slowly with a collected gaze.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Teppic turns and bows to Talsia.

"I am no knight m'lady. Just Teppic will do. As to my skills, they are varied and difficult to sum up. I am not an unaccomplished swordsman,"

he says as he pats the blade at his hip.

"I am also knowledgable of the lands, languages, people and customs of the land which is our destination. I am a native of Aeter, and have served the country in my capacity for several years. I track down escaped convicts and criminals, following them through the cities of the land and the deserts in between. I have also studied some of the tactics and tools of those that I hunt. At any of these things I am not as well trained as one who has devoted their life to a single purpose, but my versatility serves me well."

Kalanyr

Explorer
Taranna listens to the conversation and then responds to Duncan

"No, everyone we could find is here now. The boat will leave as soon as this meeting is concluded. Which means we can proceed to the purpose of this meeting, do any of you have any other questions or requests that need to be dealt with before you depart ? "

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Just a couple. First: it's only fair that when we are back with the sword, you call back from the dead anyone who may be fallen. Second: who is going to use this sword?"

Kalanyr

Explorer
Taranna nods in agreement

"The cost of the resurrection components will come out of their payment and the remainder will go to them but we will arrange for a true ressurection or true reincarnation if they wish it, if you want to take advantage of this please let me know which you'd rather before you depart. "

Taranna sighs
"We still do not know, we haven't finalised our plans yet, but we believe it would be wisest to retrieve the sword before the Sidhe manage to acquire it or hinder us. "

Remove ads