[Unbounded World:The Aeterian Expedition] (Now With New And Improved Amulets!)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Teppic nods and looks at the building.

"Perhaps I had best go look it over. Perhaps you should wait here with the others while I do so."

[ooc - Teppic will look over the building, scouting around the edges, looking for exits. Perhaps checking for people on rooftops. To the best of his ability he will attempt to remain concealed from the view of the building he is looking at.]

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Very well. As he scouts forward, let's have a little strategy. Lochan and Talsia, you will stay in the middle, ready to cover our backs. Teppic and me will stay at the front, hopefully our guide will save us bad surprises, otherwise I'll take the brunt of them. Levic, Skor, you'll stay at the back. Skor I trust you to stay alert and prevent anything from sneaking up on us."
Duncan gives the half dragon a meaningful look, hoping he understands his role is to eventually deal with Levic too.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Having survived his scouting trip, Teppic makes his way back to the others and briefs them on what he found. He crouches down and sketches the building in the dirt with a knife. He emphasizes his statements by pointing out the relevant locations on his sketch.

"One enterance here at the front of the building. No other doorways that I could see. Several windows along the front and sides of the buildings, they look boarded up and are about 20' off the ground. I get the feeling this was some form of old temple, large double doors and high windows for letting light into a room with a high, vaulted ceiling. There's been a fair amount of foot traffic within the last couple of days and some people have arrived here just earlier today."

As he has been speaking he lets his gaze drift from person to person in the group, locking eyes with each one in turn, but he proceeds with this pattern in an order that leaves him watching Levic as he reveals this last piece of information.

Lichtenhart

First Post
"The tracks go out as well, or those people are still within?"
"Just towards as far as I can tell"
"Then let's go in. But be careful. This is no guided tour."
The brown warrior walks towards the huge doors, and waits for Teppic to tell him it's safe to go.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Teppic looks over the doorway, looking for any signs of traps. After a short while he turns back to the others.

"It doesn't seemed to be trapped, but I think I can hear something back there. People in armor most likely, a fair number of them too."

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Let's get the party started." Duncan slowly pulls the door until it's two inches apart.
Suddenly his nostrils are assaulted by a smell usually associated with a funeral house, it smells like vinegar, or formaldahyde.
"I stand corrected. We're a little late for the party." Duncan says, curling his nose.
He opens the door wide enough for them to pass one at a time, and, after a moment of hesitation, walks in first.

Kalanyr

Explorer
As Duncan enters the building the first thing he sees are a hail of arrows heading towards him, however most of them are deflected or easily dodged with his strange insishgt, others bounce of his shield and armour and some just go wide, however 2 do strike him, and as the arrows strike him Duncan feels his body go cold from a bone numbing chill.

(20 arrows, against Duncan's flatfooted AC, 2 hits, 15 damage from arrows and 11 from cold).

As Duncan opens the door Levic mutters an arcane word and vanishes.

As Duncan adjusts to the light he can see that 5' from where he's standing there are archways into two side halls, each 10' wide, and another 10' back from that a line of 10 blank eyed flesh covered creatures stand ready, with longswords drawn, each clad in glittering, finely made plate, behind them another row of these creatures stand, also ready, and hehind both these defensive lines stands two rows of skeletal creatures armed with bows, each clad in glittering breastplates, with a scimitar hanging from their belts. Beyond that the light provided by the semi open door is insuffient for Duncan to see by.

(The rows of creatures fully occupy the 50' wide hall at that point.)

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Duncan rips away the two arrows that hit him, frowning. He was used to be more resistant than that... then he remember he forwent his bone talisman for the frilly necklace the temple gave him, and curses that liar of a dragon some more, breaking the arrows in his fist.
When he looks at the skeletal warriors, he does it with the look by which the Brown Warrior is feared. He draws his claymore, his lucky star shining bright in the room, and he slowly walks toward them.
"Pay attention entering, it's hailing wood." he tells his mates.
He stops ten feet from the dead swordsmen and with a gesture he invites them to attack, while he disposes himself to defense.

OOC: I wait for them to step forward and attack, going full defense this round (+6 to AC) and full expertise the next one (+5 to AC, -5 to attacks)

hafrogman

Adventurer
AC 35 (20% miss chance), HP 208/208

Watching the arrows sweep out of the building, Teppic steps forward and sweeps his cloak away from his side as his hands blur, peeling daggers from their holder and gifting the undead with an answering hail of steel.

[ooc - Initiative +11,

take a 5ft step forward, the full attack with rapid shot using throwing daggers at the nearest skeleton warrior. I'm assuming one range increment out (15-20 ft away).

+19/+19/+14/+9 attack, 1d4+4 dmg, 19-20/x2, piercing/slashing]

Remove ads