D&D 3E/3.5 Undead and Sunlight

Gilladian

Adventurer
Is there a rule of thumb (or a list) for determining which undead are sunlight phobic? I mean, skeletons and zombies seem fine in the light of day, but what about wights, shadows, and such? Is it as easy as saying incorporeal undead all fear sunlight? But vampires are not incorporeal, so that doesn't work! I'm building an undead army for my lich to conquer the world with and daytime is giving me fits...

Omand

Hero
I do not have it easily accessible, but Libris Mortis had some charts about this as I recall.

Of course, the book is long out of print at this stage, but if you can find a used copy it might be helpful.

Cheers :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Afaik only Vampires and Bodak are harmed by sunlight, Spectres, Wraiths and Pengallan become powerless and Shadows become visible.

Other undead shun sunlight but arent affected by it

Gilladian

Adventurer
Thanks, everyone! This gives me a good basis to start working on. I'm going to read up in Libris Mortis (I have a copy I had forgotten all about!). And from there I'll just do what seems to work at the time.

If you get your 3.5e books as PDF’s from DriveThruRPG, you can search them. I haven’t gotten the MM’s that way, but it’s a useful supplement to my paper PHB & DMG, and especially LGG (Living Greyhawk Gazetteer).

Gilladian

Adventurer
If you get your 3.5e books as PDF’s from DriveThruRPG, you can search them. I haven’t gotten the MM’s that way, but it’s a useful supplement to my paper PHB & DMG, and especially LGG (Living Greyhawk Gazetteer).
I have indexed my monsters, spells, npcs, and adventure resources in filemaker, so FINDING the things is not hard, but looking up and reading full descriptions is time consuming!

Remove ads