D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

tglassy

Adventurer
Well, I was deliberating. See, Fulgrim drew the Fool. Twice. That doesn’t just make you draw another card, it makes you lose experience. Which means...

Which means that by the rules, everyone else would level up except him. But I don’t think I could be that mean. He did defeat the bad guys before drawing those cards, so I’ll let everyone get a level up. This was a particularly hard fight.

I am fine with not gaining the level. I'm not even sure how I'm going to play Fulgrim now. He has a 4 intelligence. He can barely speak with it that low. It really kills his ability to RP or contribute outside of combat. Plus PbP style games make it hard to convey info in a non verbal manner. I will see how it works for a little while longer but might decide to roll a new character.

tglassy

Adventurer
That’s up to you. You all could also keep drawing cards. There are a few that would reverse what happened. You could also try to find a way to increase Fulgrim’s intelligence. Maybe use the libraries at Waterdeep to try to figure out where a Headband of Intellect could be found. Make an adventure out of it.

A 4 Int means he can still talk and think. He’s more than an animal. He just has difficulty with remembering higher concepts, but his skills are still just as good as before.

Yeah I know he can talk but just barely. He would need to pantomime many concepts because He doesn't have the mental capacity to find the correct words to use. This link https://dmingwithcharisma.com/2011/10/dd-stats-in-simple-language/ has a pretty good breakdown of how to play the different stats. He is one point above animal intelligence. He is to dumb to even realize he could be smarter. He probably lost object permanence. To him if it is not in his view it doesn't exist. The other PCs would need to be the ones to want to fix him.

I'm cool with it but just need to figure out how it's going to work. Maybe just take a hail mary and draw a bunch more cards from the deck and blow myself up with how I have been drawing.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Int 4 would be an interesting challenge for me. It's fun to get in and role play new aspects of a character. Did he not get anything good from his 4 draws? I thought one was the fighter follower.

So what does everyone else think. Should I just say screw it and draw 5 more cards and hope for The Fates? Should I droll on myself and just hit everything with my flail. Should I roll a new character?

Remove ads