D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

Fulgrim waves the remaining crew from the floundering ship. He glances up and sees Amitiel get swarmed by the revenants. He steps forward to try and peel one off the Aasimar. He swings connecting with the first strike. The same bust of radiant energy flashes as the weapon connects. He swings the flail around trying to land a second blow before the revenant can retreat.

OOC: Moving up to engage the revenant and attack twice with my flail.
Flail attacks on Revenant: 2#1d20+7 26 11. Pretty sure the 26 hits, not sure about the 11. I will spend a second level spell slot to smite on the hit.
Flail damage w/ lvl2 smite: 1d8+6+4d8 28
Flail damage second attack: 1d8+6 13

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Almost done, y'all! Two guys left, and five rounds before your boat sinks!

Don't forget Battlefield control. You don't have to kill them, you just have to keep them from killing you.

I'll wait to have the Revenants go until everyone else has taken their turns.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Even threatened by the revenants, angelic being doesn't lose its cool. It points his hands, one at each of them, and intones "May your souls see the truth of your forms!" The books fly out from him and push both creatures away from him. Amitiel then wisely joins the mortals fleeing from the sinking ship leaving the revenants exposed to the groups ranged abilities.

[sblock=Action]
Eldritch Blast vs Revenant; force damage: 2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [14, 12]+7 = 19
1D10 = [4] = 4
2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [13, 19]+7 = 20
1D10 = [4] = 4
- two hits with disadv!! Wooo! pushed 10' away

Move: full move away
Reaction: on the next hit (if any) invokes Tomb of Levistus to ignore the attacks :)
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Bunny swoops down uncomfortably close to the revenants...placing them between herself and the nearest ship's railing. She then holds her nose and croons, "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom?"

Then she brought her hands together, and the question was answered. A sound loud enough to blow the sails momentarily...a concussion strong enough to potentially force even these mighty undead warriors back!

(get as many of the Revs and Capt as possible in a 15' square in front of Bunny, ideally driving them towards or off the side of the ship, and then Constitution DC 15 or take [roll0] thunder damage (2nd level casting) and is pushed 10' away from Bunny. Half damage and no push on success. She then uses the remainder of her movement to get back up and away towards the rest of the party)

Fradak

Explorer
Tycho helped Bunny and the providential guy pushing the revenants overboard.

OOC:
[roll0]
[roll1] (Adv.)
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Push back 10 feet if hit. Overboard or in the Hunger of Hagar touching our ship.

[sblock=StatBlock]HP: 60/60 HD: 6/6d8+2
Dark One Blessing: 9/9 Temp Hp
AC: 15
PP: 13
Dark One's Own Luck. 1/1
Spell slots:
3 rd: 1/2
Concentration: Hunger of Hadar

Equipment:
Health Potions: 0/0
Coins: 0
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
The combined assault of the party manages to knock the two creatures back. One Revenant, hit by the full force of both Bunny's spell and Amitiel's flying books, soars right over the rail and into the water. The second, the one recently pummeled by Fulgrim's flail, manages to teeter on the edge of the boat, not quite falling overboard, though he is now in the edges of the dark mass.

Seeing the majority of the party flee, the remaining Revenant, stinging from being inside the dark mass, rushes forward towards Fulgrim, attacking with abandon.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: 11

Attack 2: [roll1]
Damage: 11

The crew is now mostly on the second ship, and your ship is beginning to list.

OOC: Your ship is now difficult terrain. Those who have already declared to have headed for the second ship may board it on their next turn. Anyone who has not explicitly stated that they moved towards the second ship will take 2 turns to reach it as it begins to tilt to its side.

It's been 2 rounds since the ship started sinking. You have 5 more rounds before it is in the water.

Shayuri

First Post
"Hm," hmmed Bunny. "Something just occurred to me. Undead probably don't need food or fresh water. SOMEONE GET A WATER BARREL OR SOMETHING!"

She dove into the ship itself, to retrieve some supplies from the larder before it all went under!

(OOC - Still flying to avoid diff terrain hopefully; go to the galley, get as much stuff as she can carry, and fly out; could easily take more than one round of course. :))

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Bunny may avoid all the difficult terrain. Does anyone have a bag of holding? Cause if not, there's only so much a little gnome can carry. But I'll say you can make two trips before the ship sinks, if you don't do anything else but dash and grab.

Shayuri

First Post
(gotcha...assuming her intervention in the battle topside isn't needed, she'll do the two trips...perhaps she can store some food in the HERKADERK! I don't think we have any magic items yet, sadly)

Remove ads