• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Undead familiars?

Arnwyn

First Post
Are there any 3.5 rules out there (1st WotC, 3rd party as an afterthought) for undead familiars?

(While I'm at it, are there any 3.5 rules for construct familiars, beyond the Guardian Familiars found in Complete Warrior and the "Forging Friends" article found in Dragon #341?)

Thanks for any/all responses!

Pazu

First Post
The Improved Familiar feat in the DMG lists the homunculus as a possible option for a familiar, although it's suggested for an undead master.

moritheil

First Post
Raspen said:
thier is also one in the back of a dragon mag that does it too cant rember what one

There's Betrayal of the Spirit-Linked, though I can't recall if it's from Dragon or hardcover. It allows you to turn your familiar into a zombie or skeleton, and best of all, you gain DR 5/slashing or DR 5/bludgeoning!

You have to give up the normal familiar benefit, though.

Twowolves

Explorer
So does the Crypt Lord (R&RI), but it's 3.0. Probably easy to update, though I haven't tried.

Advanced Bestiary (Green Ronin) has "Dread" templates for a LOT of undead, with notes on how to modifiy the templates to make "non-dread" versions of them all.

atomn

Explorer
I think one of the Improved Familiar feats lets you have a Vargouille as your familiar, but I can't think of where it's found right now.

javcs

First Post
atomn said:
I think one of the Improved Familiar feats lets you have a Vargouille as your familiar, but I can't think of where it's found right now.
Sounds like it would be something out of Book of Vile Darkness, albeit BoVD is 3.0. Or possibly out of one of the fiend-themed splatbooks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads