• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Undead familiars?

Kurashu

First Post
Complete Warrior had something about construct familiars, I think. Don't hold me for my word on that.

But Stitched Flesh Familiar with the Spellstitched Template...drop a Wisdom enchancing spell/item on them during their spellstitching and you're set.

And I think it's the Dread Necromancer's familiar rules that let him get a Vargouille.

Arnwyn

First Post
Kurashu said:
Complete Warrior had something about construct familiars, I think. Don't hold me for my word on that.
You are correct (Dragon #341 also had more construct familiars).

And I think it's the Dread Necromancer's familiar rules that let him get a Vargouille.
It's also one of the choices for Improved Familiar (given in Complete Adventurer - it doesn't get it's kiss ability, though).

I guess that Spell-Stitched familiar from Libris Mortis is pretty much it for feats, and the Dread Necromancer and R&R1's Crypt Lord for prestige classes.

Thanks everyone! (It helps with my 'master list' of available familiars for use with Improved Familiar.)

Remove ads