• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Undead Issues

masproductions

First Post
Thanks agin for the quick responses and helping clearing these things up for me if I have any other questions I'll make sure to ask this site

Also Ive order the Libris Mortis it should be comeing soon XD

masproductions

First Post
Well since this Topic is still open I don't see the sence in making another to ask some similar questions
How do i figure out the amount of HD of undead a Cleric can have through Rebuke? And if I multi class as a Wizard is their separate HD for animate undead?
Does Summon Undead count toward my HD of undead?

and one more question that not quite related but I was wanting to make a Staff that cast a spell a certain amount of times per day what is the formula for this if thier is one?

To be more precise I want a staff with "Create Magic Tattoo" PGF102 as a 7th level caster 3 time per Day

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well since this Topic is still open I don't see the sence in making another to ask some similar questions
How do i figure out the amount of HD of undead a Cleric can have through Rebuke? And if I multi class as a Wizard is their separate HD for animate undead?
Does Summon Undead count toward my HD of undead?

Clerics can control a number of undead equal to 4*level. If a class says the rebuking stacks (which I think True Necromancer does), you add them together.

For controlling undead through different castings of Animate Dead (or similar spells), you have two different caster levels, so there would be two sets. At least, that's my understanding. However, magically animated and rebuked undead are kept in separate pools for determining how many you can have.

(By the way, if you are not absolutely set on True Necromancer [the prestige class from Libris Mortis and not the base Dread Necromancer class from Heroes of Horror], plain Cleric is a better option. You get more casting and rebuking power, saving yourself from dabbling with Wizard levels.)

Theroc

First Post
(By the way, if you are not absolutely set on True Necromancer [the prestige class from Libris Mortis and not the base Dread Necromancer class from Heroes of Horror], plain Cleric is a better option. You get more casting and rebuking power, saving yourself from dabbling with Wizard levels.)

Or, you could use Dread Necromancer instead of Wizard as a base class... >.>

Nedz

First Post
You could use the Summon Undead spells to obtain more minions for a minute or so. The types you can get are slightly more interesting than Skellies and Zombies.

You might also be able to keep some pets. i.e. a collection of undead which you can control when needed. It depends how evil you are ( :) ) but some undead can make more of themselves (e.g. ghouls). This is slightly dangerous and will probably backfire at some point.

Remove ads