• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'Under Suspician', WTF? [**SPOILERS**]

glass

(he, him)
Hi there!

Last night I watched a film called 'Under Suspician' (it was a free DVD; I think my uncle got it with the paper or something), and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it.

More specifically, if anyone figured out what was going on, and if so, could the eplain it to me?

Why the hell did he confess, if he wasn't guilty?

Come to that, how come there was so much evidence against him if he wasn't guilty? Someone just happens to randomly murder the two girls he had recent taken portraits of? Or was someone trying to set him up? But if so, why wasn't that made clear and who was it?

Anyone got any ideas at all?

EDIT: Oop, I linked Monica Bellucci, rather than the films itself. Thanks Cthulhudrew for pointing it out.

glass.

Last edited:

Vocenoctum

First Post
I saw it, but it's been a while. IIRC, he confessed to stop the interogation/ stress. Otherwise yeah, it was apparently all a coincidence. Didn't he have photo's of a few different girls or something? I think the killer just happened to find the girls accessible, just as he did.

But, as I said, it's been a while.

ken-ichi

First Post
That is the reason that torture is not really that useful. Severe interrigation can sometimes be a form of torture.
People will confess to pretty much anything just to get it to stop even when they are not involved in any way.

glass

(he, him)
Vocenoctum said:
I saw it, but it's been a while. IIRC, he confessed to stop the interogation/ stress.
Yeah, that's what I thought, but it is not a very satisfying answer. He was a high-powered and very rich tax lawyer, which meant he probably knew and certainly coukd afford to pay a whole string of high-powered criminal lawyers. I am pretty sure they could have stopped the stress pretty quick.

I get the feeling writers wrote themselves into a corner, ramping up the tension for the first 100 minutes and then not quite knowing how to end it.

glass.

Last edited:

Remove ads