• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

under the sea

pukunui

Legend
Cool. Thanks! I've ordered a used copy of The Deep from an Amazon seller.

EDIT: Anyone know if the old AD&D adventure The Murky Deep is any good? Noble Knight has a copy for like $8.50. (They've also got Sea of Fallen Stars for $20).

Last edited:

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Thanks! I'm liking the look of the Sea of Fallen Stars. It's an actual undersea setting with specific realms and interesting locations and all that! I had no idea there was an actual TSR/WotC product. Yes, it's part of FR rather than a standalone setting, but it's better than nothing. I'm going to see if I can get myself a hard copy.

Now for some undersea adventure content!

The other thing about it - besides the tonne of adventure hooks and similar ideas - is that it is also surface dweller-friendly.

An adventure was released at the same time for it - The Wyrmskull Throne - which, while no world-beater, had some interesting ideas. It might be worth a look.

At least one of the latest LFR adventures - City of Destinies - was also set in Myth Nantar but I cannot vouch for its quality but, as it is legally free, who cares? :)

Edit: Do you have access to 2E issues of Dungeon? If so, there are at least two underwater adventures there - The Akriloth and (edit it in later) - that might be worth having a look at.

I was going to mention the Creature Crucible entry. There was also some stuff in the Modron city supplement from Judges Guild, but not as extensive as I think you would like.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Here's an undersea city map I created for use with my published Kaidan setting of Japanese horror (PFRPG) as the home to a Sea Dragon of the oriental variety. The city name is Ryukyo, which literally translates to "Sea Dragon City". Many of the map symbols in my undersea map symbol set with link posted upthread, are included in this. I seem to have a particular talent for creating underwater maps.

ryukyo.jpg

Wangalade

Explorer
in addition to what has already been mentioned, the war rafts of Kron is water based adventure. the majority of the module occurs underwater and there are some expansion rules for underwater adventures in basic dnd.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads