• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Underdark Supplement for 4e?!?

catsclaw227

First Post
Has anyone seen or heard about a forthcoming Underdark supplement for 4e? I didn't see anything on Amazon, and I haven't seen any threads anywhere....

But... In the Ecology of the Sharn article, the "About the Author" tidbit at the end had this to say"

Ecology of the Sharn said:
About the Author

Brian R. James is a freelance game designer working exclusively for Wizards of the Coast. His credits include Open Grave™, The Grand History of the Realms™, Forgotten Realms® Campaign Guide, and the forthcoming Underdark™ supplement. You can follow Brian’s random thoughts online at Twitter / brianrjames.

davethegame

Explorer
They mentioned it at New York Comic Con too... the question was specifically about location/setting books not tied to the planes.

catsclaw227

First Post
I am guessing that this isn't a Forgotten Realms book, but a general look at what an Underdark would be like?

Wait.... is there officially an Underdark in the implied setting?

avin

First Post
I am guessing that this isn't a Forgotten Realms book, but a general look at what an Underdark would be like?

Wait.... is there officially an Underdark in the implied setting?

You mean the generic D&D4E world or something more deep? Am I missing something? :confused:

catsclaw227

First Post
Yea, the implied setting is the generic D&D4e world. I think there might be an "Underdark" just like there's a Feywild and a Shadowfell, though not on a different plane.

Gargazon

First Post
Yea, the implied setting is the generic D&D4e world. I think there might be an "Underdark" just like there's a Feywild and a Shadowfell, though not on a different plane.

There is an Underdark in the generic D&D4E world. Heck, there's a Feydark and Shadowdark on their respective planes.

Badwe

First Post
Considering the underdark is mentioned in the monster manual I'm going to go with "yes". I think the concept of the underdark has become intrinsic enough to D&D that it's been absorbed into the primary setting.

Rechan

Adventurer
My guess: it will have drow, spiders, a few demons, a new humanoid race, and something about mindflayers. And maybe two hazards, if we're lucky.

Since the module Demon Queen's Enclave takes place in the Underdark, and it is a module in the assumed setting, I'd say yeah.

Several books even reference the "Feydark", the Feywild's version of the Underdark. This is where the Fomorians live.

Remove ads