Undermountain- Ch.1 Welcome

Steve Jung

Explorer
Langan Stonecutter: Male shield dwarf evoker 1

Jdvn1 said:
"Mardin from the Nalik clan. I am nowhere close to home, though. I'm from the South, you see. The Rift. I think we have very different customs from you." He extends a hand toward Langan.
Langan grasps Mardin's forearm. "Well met, Mardin. I haven't met anyone from the Rift before. Is it your first trip outside of your homeland? My clan has lived in the area for generations. So, I'm familiar with the area, although not the Undermountain. I need to make a few more purchases first to prepare. I guess I'll see you at the meeting place."
Chosen of Valkur said:
"I believe that they problably went to into the Undermountain at the most popular entrance...Durnan's The Yawning Portal, there is a well right in the taproom that will lead you into the Undermountain."

"Be prepared for anything, many who go into the Undermountain never come out."
Langan bows. "My thanks for the information and the warning, Master wizard. Curious that an entrance to such a dangerous place should be under a tavern."

Langan goes to a scroll store he noticed earlier that day and purchases for 75 gp a scroll of endure elements, one of hold portal, and one of alarm, all caster level 1.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Steve Jung said:
Langan grasps Mardin's forearm. "Well met, Mardin. I haven't met anyone from the Rift before. Is it your first trip outside of your homeland? My clan has lived in the area for generations. So, I'm familiar with the area, although not the Undermountain. I need to make a few more purchases first to prepare. I guess I'll see you at the meeting place."
Mardin smiles, "Well, it is a relief just seeing another dwarf every once in a while. I have been on... extended leave from my homeland. I am travelling to see more of the world, and thus this expedition fits me just fine. I have already prepared for the trip, but I haven't eaten in a while so that is where I am off to."

After Mardin's meal, he makes his way to the Yawning Portal, making a last stop through the market place to make sure he didn't miss anything too interesting.

Verbatim

Explorer
As the alchemist answered the Northlander's question, Mavox knew that Hoar's strength would be a great help to these others. As the others began leaving the room, Mavox followed as well and quickly walked through the bustling streets of his city until he entered the Docks. Looking around his true home, Mavox hoped that their journey would be swift and successful as it would not bode well for his efforts should the darkness he struggled against learn of his absence.

~As the lightening makes the wicked cringe, so to does it mark my presence...~

Entering the small shed he lived in, Mavox quickly grabbed his few possessions and put them in his battered pack. Once he was sure everything was secured for his departure, Mavox put the pack over one broad shoulder and headed to the Yawning Portal.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Langan carefully pack the scroll in his pack. With this rain, the scroll may just float away. He asks the scroll dealer, "Excuse me, which way is the Yawning Portal? I'm meeting people there." The man gives him directions. "Thank you. I'll be off, now." The dwarf walks through the nearly empty streets until he reaches his destination. It looks like a nice place. I wonder if they carry dwarf spirits? Hard to believe that an entrance to such a dangerous place as the Undermountain is inside. How did that happen?

The Yawning Portal is surprisingly busy, even with the bad weather. Langan has to walk through most of the tavern until he finds the table where the others are sitting. He pulls up a chair. "Well met. Are you all ready to go?" He flags down a barmaid. "A mug of dwarf spirits, lass."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Steve Jung said:
The Yawning Portal is surprisingly busy, even with the bad weather. Langan has to walk through most of the tavern until he finds the table where the others are sitting. He pulls up a chair. "Well met. Are you all ready to go?" He flags down a barmaid. "A mug of dwarf spirits, lass."
"Aye, I'm ready, anyway," Mardin replies. "I want to see what we are to encounter."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Luth Stonar, male human priest of Grumbar

*Luth plods through the rain to the Yawning Portal and throws his large frame down in a chair next to Langan.*

"Well met Langan. I will say I am glad to have one of the stonefolk along on this venture," he comments neutrally.

unleashed

First Post
Garret Thorngage, Male Stoutheart Halfling Rogue

Garret reaches the Yawning Portal, struggles to push open the door, and enters the inn. He glances around until he spots Luth over the crowd, and makes his way to the table.

"Greeting again," he says cheerily hopping up on a chair, "Are we ready to go yet?"

Lefferts

First Post
Gorstag reaches the Yawning Portal and sees that some of his compatriots have already arrived. He nods at the others and takes a look around at the crowd.

Verbatim

Explorer
Entering the inn, Mavox prayed that their time spent here would be short. While the Yawning Portal was not a true den of sin, the half-orc paladin felt the slight tug of the taint that was creeping into his city here as well.

~The quicker we complete this task, the better...~

Spotting the others, Mavox approached them and nodded briefly to them in greetings.

"Hoar sends his blessings to you all and wishes you to know he will support us in our outings."

Steve Jung

Explorer

"And may Marthammor give us a good start to this journey, as well. Who are we waiting for?"

Remove ads