• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Understanding UA gaze of khirad

Fuchi Miller

Explorer
Like the title says.

Gaze of khirad allows the player to see through solid objects up to 30ft. During that time you see object its as ghostly images

So if a wall had a gap in it would I be unable to see past that gap?

Does a person count as a "solid object"?

Do clothes count as a solid object? If so could I use this to find an Invisible person?

Can I see through magical objects?

If Im behind a wall would I be affected by the skills of an umberhulk and basilisk?

Can I see someone who has used MELD WITH STONE?

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
So if a wall had a gap in it would I be unable to see past that gap?
Don't understand that question very well, you could still see through the gap. Your vision just penetrates objects as well.

Does a person count as a "solid object"?
Do clothes count as a solid object? If so could I use this to find an Invisible person?
I'd say yes, you could see through people and clothes, though I guess it could be debated. In either case it wouldn't help you find an invisible person, you can't see invisible things regardless.

Can I see through magical objects?
Yes, unless something about the object suggests otherwise I guess.
If Im behind a wall would I be affected by the skills of an umberhulk and basilisk?
Can I see someone who has used MELD WITH STONE?
DM call, I'd say no to all.

Lanliss

Explorer
I would say you can see past the gap, as you simply have x-ray vision.

Yes, I would count a person as a solid object.

Yes, clothes count as a solid object. No, you cannot see an invisible person, because according to your perception the clothes are not there to be seen through anyway.

I would say yes.

No, because you cannot perceive them to the level of detail that allows being affected, IMO. Other DM might rule differently though.

I do not remember the spell perfectly. If it says you become indistinguishable from the stone, I would say no. As far as you're concerned, they are just another rock in the wall.

Remove ads