Undine the Sea

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well, if ye want ol' Krindorf to go, Ah' have no objection, Ah' promise Ah'll not make nothin' foolish, HA!" the dwarf says, cheerfully.

Heckler

First Post
"No offense, Krindorf, but I am wondering if Jallembo would be willing to make our case for us. He seems to be very well spoken."

ooc: He's also got +7 diplomacy. :eek: I knew there had to be somebody around here better at it than me.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo listens to the priestress and raises his shoulders at Krintorf after Babette opposed his candidature. "No worries my friend, you get to lay down nicely in this room.. Just ask for the room service whilst I get half eaten by voracious insects in the jungle.."

He turns to the rest of the group: "Yeah, I'm no spellcaster.. and I'm happy to see that priestress and repeat Babette's speech.."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I will see if the others will allow it. I think they will agree that there is little mischief you can do without spells or a weapon..." Rachel looks unsure of herself as she heads off.

*Some hours later, she returns.*

"They have agreed to this on the condition that you journey to visit the old priestess as a petitioner would. That means you will be dipped in holy water and then travel there wearing the petitioner's vestment and bringing nothing else with you. An acolyte will watch and make sure you enter the jungle instead of potentially heading to the water's edge to signal oceanbound allies. Do you find these terms acceptable? If so, please follow me."

*Assuming that Jallembo accepts the terms, Rachel leads him to a pool fed by a sacred spring, where several priestesses with grave expressions go about removing his clothing, dipping him in the sacred water, and performing the benedictions upon a petitioner. Then he is dressed in the petitioner's vestment, which is not much more than a simple shift of periwinkle colour with minor wave designs embroidered on the sleeves. An acolyte accompanies him all the way to the edge of the jungle to the start of a small trail, and then bids him:*

"Follow this path into the jungle. Nothing here will harm you. You will reach the demesnes of Lysianassa in time. Are you prepared?"

*As Jallembo proceeds along the path, the jungle grows thicker and tighter around the trail, and there are the sounds of many wild animals about. At one point, Jallembo finds himself staring face-to-face with a small jaguar, but it simply looks at him curiously and does not make any aggressive signs. Eventually, it loses interest and bounds back into the jungle. After hours of walking, he eventually sees a small glade up ahead and hears the sounds of water.*

*Entering the glade, he sees beautiful ancient trees surrounding it on all sides, and in the centre is a crystal-clear pool of natural water. As he looks around, there is the soft sound of a feminine voice speaking a simple "Welcome" in a calm melodic tone. He spins around toward the sound to see a figure shrouded entirely in a simple cloak that covers her from top to bottom and even obscures her face.*

"I have heard of your coming, traveler," she adds simply, "I am Lysianassa."

Ximix

First Post
[sblock=OOC: ]I apologize for not having the timing to fit the post rate, Sundays are bad for me, Saturdays usually as well.
The only thing that strikes me as something Ximix would ask is in relation to:
Rystil Arden said:
"I'm going to ask for permission to send one of you to make your case to Lysianassa, an ancient priestess who lives alone near a sacred pool in the jungles of this island. She is very wise, and she should be able to discern the truth. To be safe, it must be someone who is not a spellcaster. Would you rather send Jallembo, Krindorf, or the fellow whose name and description we did not receive but does not appear to be a spellcaster?" at that last, she indicates Corvinus.
Ximix would want to know if someone would be going with our representative, so that there would be verification of what we say and not just our rep coming back to be arbitrarilly called a liar once more if what they said didn't fit the 'vision'.
[/sblock]

Amaury

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Ximix, we can discuss in OOC if there are specifics. I propose to stick to what Babette discloised only. [/sblock]

Jallembo emits a "what??!" when Rachel describes the terms of her proposal. Having little choice
he agrees to it but with a discontented look on his face. He follows the priestress to the pool where other priestresses stand.

Realizing what will happen next, Jallembo cannot help smiling and says as he gets naked: "Well, myladies, it's my pleasure
to meet you.. do you fancy a swimm? the water is pretty good.."

The lack of reaction and the serious look on the face of the priestresses make Jallembo laughs. He then takes a moment
to enjoy the water. He has not cleaned properly since they got aboard the ship and that water is particularly 'purifying'...
He cannot help frown when the vestment is given to him: "You want me to go into the jungle in that??"
He concedes again and then waves the priestresses goodbye before heading into the jungle. The walking gets tough
after a while and his vestment soon gets muddied and damaged by the various branches and bushes.
He is surprised by the jaguar so much so that he doesn't react initially, avoiding a possible confrontation when the feline leaves him.

At last he arrives, surprised by his ability at not getting lost in that unfamiliar surrounding.
The feminine voice is inviting which makes him hesitate and when he spots her, the cloak doesn't calm his nerves.
"Err, hello.. my name is Jallembo.. err.. sorry for the state of my clothes..
err.. well, I am sent here to discuss with you of.. well, obtaining passage to Almathea, err.., that is, after you convinced yourself
of our intentions.. "
he says hesitantly

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
[sblock=OOC] Ximix, we can discuss in OOC if there are specifics. I propose to stick to what Babette discloised only. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC: ] Actually what I meant was to have one of the temple priests accompany you, so that you had a witness of what was said, since they patently do not believe us... [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Err, hello.. my name is Jallembo.. err.. sorry for the state of my clothes..
err.. well, I am sent here to discuss with you of.. well, obtaining passage to Almathea, err.., that is, after you convinced yourself
of our intentions.. " he says hesitantly

"Yes, that is just so," Jallembo cannot help but get the feeling that she is looking into his eyes, but he can't tell because he still can't see her face under the hood, "I sense...much pain in you. But let us not dwell on that for now. You must know, or you would not have come here to see me, that I have tended to this pool for a very long time. Sometimes I grow lonely, or bored out here...Before we talk, why don't you...amuse me? Think of something, whatever you like. Tell a story, do a dance...?"

Amaury

First Post
"Amuse you??" replied Jallembo in shock. It was the last thing he expected and he replies: "Well, actually I came for something very serious.. I can be funny at times but now is not really the time.. isn't it? Maybe we can delay the amusing part after we have done the "discussing" part?"

Remove ads