D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: 16 New Feats

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability." https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/feats The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert...

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability."

Ec0zu9OU8AA8eVM.jpg

The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert, Shadow Touched, Shield Training, Slasher, Tandem Tactician, and Tracker.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
Finally.

I find it funny that UA is always "Playtest" because many of us are so game material "starved" that we throw them immediately into our games anyway and consider it official until it gets changed into an official book

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Finally.

I find it funny that UA is always "Playtest" because many of us are so game material "starved" that we throw them immediately into our games anyway and consider it official until it gets changed into an official book
To be fair, that's WotC's strategy with the UAs. They just also want you to fill out the surveys about your experience with them.

Remathilis

Legend
My biggest complaint comes from Shadow-touched...

So the obvious synergy with this feat should be Shadow Sorcery, right? Except both the feat and the subclass grant darkness as a spell, and shadow-sorcerer grants the ability to see in darkness. If the feat granted a different 2nd level spell, it'd be perfect.

Ah well.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The Metamagic one is actually nearly identical to how I have been ruling my "High Magic" from the ancient empire. (thematically wizards that could alter spells like sorcerers)

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
The Metamagic one is actually nearly identical to how I have been ruling my "High Magic" from the ancient empire. (thematically wizards that could alter spells like sorcerers)
And that seems to be the point of the feat.

3.5e and 4e had Wizards and other spellcasters (cough Divine Metamagic cough) who could do something like the Sorcerers' metamagic.

A lot of these feats are trying their darndest to offer some of the dials of past editions characters without breaking the game or stealing the thunder of the classes who have those features more exclusively. So they come in small dosages in feat form.

Remove ads

Remove ads