• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana Revisits Psionics

The latest Unearthed Arcana from WotC revisits some psionic rules! “Shine with the power of the mind in this installment of Unearthed Arcana! Today we revisit several psi-themed options that we released in the past few months. Studying your feedback on those options, we’ve crafted this new collection of subclasses, spells, and feats, found in the PDF below.“...

The latest Unearthed Arcana from WotC revisits some psionic rules! “Shine with the power of the mind in this installment of Unearthed Arcana! Today we revisit several psi-themed options that we released in the past few months. Studying your feedback on those options, we’ve crafted this new collection of subclasses, spells, and feats, found in the PDF below.“

F07971E8-C0BB-4025-A151-D48852409FCA.jpeg

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The "conserve versus burn" is meant to reflect that use of the power, not the use (or non-use) that came before. If you roll a 1 then you put forth the minimum exertion and have more strength later. If you roll a max result then you burn all your power in that moment and have less after.
That's not how I read it. It doesn't really make sense to me that you can use it 100 times in a row for the full d6, and so long as you don't roll a 6 you have conserved, but 1 single use that rolls a 6 means you haven't.

I can see your interpretation, though. However, that also doesn't make sense to me as I point out above, so I will still need to re-write the fluff for it. :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
That's not how I read it. It doesn't really make sense to me that you can use it 100 times in a row for the full d6, and so long as you don't roll a 6 you have conserved, but 1 single use that rolls a 6 means you haven't.

I can see your interpretation, though. However, that also doesn't make sense to me as I point out above, so I will still need to re-write the fluff for it. :)
Heh... it's just one more D&D mechanic doesn't make a lot of story to mechanic sense that is swimming in a gigantic pool of other D&D mechanics that don't make any sense either. So perhaps our tolerance for the disparity between fluff and mechanic is just larger than yours. ;)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Heh... it's just one more D&D mechanic doesn't make a lot of story to mechanic sense that is swimming in a gigantic pool of other D&D mechanics that don't make any sense either. So perhaps our tolerance for the disparity between fluff and mechanic is just larger than yours. ;)
Probably. I change things to make sense whenever I encounter them. LOL

Var

Explorer
Seeing this and considering the circumstances, I'm pretty much convinced we'll get an official book with some sort of Psionics in it sometime around the Baldurs Gate 3 release.
For better or worse. They might be pretty confident this is more or less what they want to print. Although I'd be pretty disappointed if the only Psionic Full Caster is a CHA based Sorcerer Subclass.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Thank you. I'm not sure if you are being sincere or not, but I will assume that you are. 5e is a great game, but this isn't quite gelling for me for what I would prefer for psionics.
I think this is good for psionically enhanced non-psion classes. I'm going to wait for the psion and its attendant subclasses before I decide whether psionics is gelling for me or not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads