• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unofficial Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Info Page here

hong

WotC's bitch
Morrus did make it available as a zip file for anyone to update, but it's one gigantic HTML file. That seems to have scared everyone off.

Is there a 4E wiki out there yet?

MaelStorm

First Post
hong said:
Morrus did make it available as a zip file for anyone to update, but it's one gigantic HTML file. That seems to have scared everyone off.

Is there a 4E wiki out there yet?
I'm not scared of HTML, I could do that in my spare time (I'm a student, so I'm sometimes very busy).

Wepwawet

Explorer
Anyway, now it's quite difficult to read that page and find all the info you want. And most is mixed with early rumours...

Obviously Morrus did a wonderful job, keeping us all informed of all info available. Thank you Morrus! :D

But now we have PHB_Lite from Verys Arkon, "Monsters & More" from ThridWizard, preview adventures, and more...
These are now the best sources for 4E info out there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wepwawet said:
But now we have PHB_Lite from Verys Arkon, "Monsters & More" from ThridWizard, preview adventures, and more...
These are now the best sources for 4E info out there.

That's largely my view. With the PHB Lite, various D&D XP downloads and character sheets, anyone can get a pretty solid overview now. The D&D Info page gives some insoght into designer thoughts and philosphies, but as far as crunch goes, you can't beat the source materials already compiled.

If anyone wants to update the page, they'r emore than welcome to. But every time this comes up, people say they'll do it, I provide the page html and suddenly I can see the tumbleweed drifting past. :D

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Morrus said:
If anyone wants to update the page, they'r emore than welcome to. But every time this comes up, people say they'll do it, I provide the page html and suddenly I can see the tumbleweed drifting past. :D

Out of interest, I tracked down the page html and loaded it into my favourite HTML editor.

Wow! 8684 lines of code! No wonder people silently walked away :)

The one thing that might be worth doing is including some links at the top of the page to currently consolidated PDFs as produced of 'PDF lite' and 'Monsters and more' etc - that way the page will still be pointing to the most current information!

Cheers

Remove ads