• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpopular opinions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe

Legend
Blue is the colour of Magic.
Counterspells, Instants, and the Stack DRAMATICALLY improve Magic, in fact its simply not MtG without those things.
Hearthstone is a childs game in comparison exactly because it does not have these things.

I will not be taking questions.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Counterspells, Instants, and the Stack DRAMATICALLY improve Magic, in fact its simply not MtG without those things.
Hearthstone is a childs game in comparison exactly because it does not have these things.
Hearthstone is the game for people who don't want to invest years of their life in learning how to play a CCG well. (And then, of course, invest their life savings in the cards.)

Golroc

Explorer
Supporter

I will not be taking questions.
Which is why Legends of Runeterra is one of the best casual adaptations of the formula: they have sorceries, instants, interrupts, counterspells and the stack!

MGibster

Legend
I'm now curious how many people formally have a session 0 where they all sit down together and how many do it by e-mail or discord when they're selling the campaign idea and recruiting players.
I've conducted many studies, and all of them point to my experience as being the gold standard by which all other gamers are measured against. I do both. I'll typically pitch a few campaign ideas, we'll pick one, I'll outline some more specifics for the campaign, and when we first meet we'll make characters and I'll talk more about campaign expectations. If it's a horror game, I'll give my standard "let me know what you don't want to see" spiel and then we make characters.

It’s hard enough to schedule a tableful of adults to actually play the game, getting them to schedule a talk about playing the game session is a nightmare. I’ve always done it individually using whatever means works for that person. Text, phone, Facebook, discord, etc. This also helps keep things that should be private and/or secret from the rest of the group.
I use Discord text for new players. For the group, I present a short pdf laying out the next campaign, and create a separate server for discussion about a month before the shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads