• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpredictable feats.

Xulin

First Post
I've noticed that there is a definitive inability of feats for characters who wish to fight in an unpredictable manner... so I've been working on some feats to help alleviate that.

Some of these are inspired from this feat that appeared in the Feb. 2003 issue of Dragon:

UNPREDICTABLE BLOW
Your wild swings are nearly impossible for an opponent to parry.
Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +3.
Benefit: You can designate any attack with a melee weapon to be an unpredictable blow. Designating a n attack as an unpredictable blow is a free action that you can take at least once per round. When you declare that you are making an unpredictable blow, you gain a +2 bonus on you attack roll. However, because of the erratic motion of the weapon, you lose any Strength bonus that you would otherwise add to damage and cannot make a successful critical hit with that attack.

MOMENTUM SWING
You can use the speed of your movement to add force to your unpredictable blows.
Prerequisite: Unpredictable Blow.
Benefit: When declaring an attack as an unpredictable blow, as long as you have moved at least 10 feat in the current round, you may add your Strength bonus to your attack damage dealt.
Normal: You may not add your strength bonus to damage on an unpredictable blow.

DISARMING THROW
You can throw a weapon from an opponent you have disarmed at another opponent.
Prerequisite: Int 15+, Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm.
Benefit: When using a weapon that grants a bonus on disarm rolls (light flail, whip, etc.) to disarm your opponent, you may throw your opponent's weapon at another opponent within 10 feet as a free attack that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, with a -2 penalty on the roll.

FOLLOW UP KICK
Even when you miss with your unpredictable blow, you may make an additional unarmed attack that catches your opponent off guard.
Prerequisite: Improved Unarmed Strike, Unpredictable Blow, tumble 7+ ranks.
Benefit: Once per round, when you miss your opponent with an unpredictable blow, you may make an additional unarmed attack before any other attacks you take in the round, but this must ALSO be an unpredictable blow. Note that penalties for fighting with two weapons (although unarmed in this case) still apply, with the unarmed strike treated as a light offhand weapon.

This is what I have so far, anyone else got any other ideas?

borble

First Post
shield
pre: int 15, will 8, con 15
benefits: you are able to bring up a shield that can only be penetrated by someone of 5 lvls higher then you. this includes spells, powers, incarnit related attacks, meele attacks, or anything else (magic items dont work also, unless the casterlvl for making it is 5 lvls higher then the defender, even if the caster is higher then 5 lvls). in adition, any meele on you grants an attack of oppertunity on the attacker, and spell or spell like ability bounces back at the caster for 1/2 damage, ect. it requiers all your actions in that round including freeactions, to do this move. it has a cool down of 2d4 rounds.

improved shield
pre: shield, int 17, will 10, con 17
benifits: you can shiels one more person, and you can chose not to shield your self, and shield 2 other people. it still requiers all actions, and you are flat footed when it aplys. Others still can move and attack without losing the benefits, and have no actions removed, although there movment speed is cut in half.
special: you can take this feat multiple times, each time adding another you can shield, but this bumps the prerequisets all up by 2 each time.

naturly i did not cover evry thing, if you have additions, just add them.
thanks all, i like this feat
ben

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads