• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unseen Guard Packs?

5ekyu

Hero
So, i loved my mirror image backup singers for my entertainer sorcerer.

Now she is reincarnated as a bard and i was looking at the benefits of ritual casting and Unseen Servant.

Unlike some other spells - where you can only have one at once, US can have several at once, as many as you can cast.

And its a ritual and bards (unlike sorcs) do rituals.

So it seems like a bard could ritual cast six straight unseen servants - then keep up casting to replace them as they fade and keep a six pack of unseen servants going as long as his stamina holds out. (Assume a days work with a few breaks level of "effort") Maybe he only does 5 an hour with a 10m break to meet OSHA standards for workday breaks?

Now, of course, that makes for a great set of performers - floating instruments and such - not too skilled but there for show - maybe waving fans.

But more to a practical point - guards.

"The servant can perform simple tasks that a human servant could do, such as fetching things, cleaning, mending, folding clothes, lighting fires, serving food, and pouring wine."

Obviously this includes seeing stuff and so they could just set themselves up in spots, nearby (60') invisible ready to make noise by pushing something over or ringing a bell when they see/hear/sense something slipping by.

Can definitely extend your "watchers" out a bit in several directions at once. they wouldn't make great spotters but sitting there invisible, they wont necessarily need to be. Unless they are behind cover, folks get spotted usually pretty easy.

Any thoughts?
Any clever ideas for what your pack of Ritualized Unseen Servants could be doing for you?
Spead caltrops? Pull a string tied to... what?

Last edited:

Remove ads