• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unseen Servant spell question

Lyrad8791

First Post
As that may be, off topic is generally considered spam. Spam is generally not allowed in a forum topic. While it is okay to sometimes take a thread off topic, it cannot and should not be done so on purpose. Besides, by having such off topic posts on my thread automatically lowers the chance of people posting.

Now back on topic, I don't mean to say I can't use non core books with that DM, so long as they are 3.0 instead of 3.5 My DM is strict 3.0 only. Says that taking 3.5 into a 3.0 world is overpowering the game. In some ways he is right, in others not so much. Most of the reasons he doesn't allow 3.5 is for spells.

We have access to the Epic Level Handbook, but he explicitly states that it is for Epic Spells only, EVEN THOUGH it states that it is almost the same system. I agree with him on this seeing as it is fairly difficult to remove effects from the base spell seeds.

Now where in the DMG is this section y'all were talking about? I am not finding it, and if I have to I will go through the book page by page. *edit* Nevermind. I was looking in the wrong section of the book *derp a derp*

Anyone know how to find an invisible stalker and befriend them? Only way I can think of is using Charm Monster on it and then use Permanency on it. Other then that though?

Where is this Mage's Faithful Hound spell? I would like to see what it is specifically as it might help or be what I want.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Modtip: Chill out, people.

Lyrad, you're new here, so you probably don't have a good feel for what's considered appropriate for the boards. In this situation, you'll find it difficult to tell people what they ought to be doing, as they're going to snicker if they feel they're within bounds. Fact of the matter is, we don't exert a whole lot of, "keep it exactly where the Original Poster wants it," force for staying on-topic, and occasional nonsensical stuff is generally allowed. Our "keep it on topic" rule is somewhat higher scale that that.

Jester, the "butt hurt" comment was out of line. Keep it clean, please.

Patryn and Jimlock, if you have some really wild idea of how that exchange was supposed to turn out constructive, send me a PM, because I could use a good laugh. Otherwise, cut it out.

Play nice, all. Thanks.

CrazyNinjabeast

First Post
I know what to do! use your unseen servant spell to help craft the unseen guardian spell amorally mentioned, a dwarf wizard uses it to aid him in crafting weapons all the time, it should drop the Spellcraft DC a little bit :)

Now back on topic, I don't mean to say I can't use non core books with that DM, so long as they are 3.0 instead of 3.5 My DM is strict 3.0 only. Says that taking 3.5 into a 3.0 world is overpowering the game. In some ways he is right, in others not so much. Most of the reasons he doesn't allow 3.5 is for spells.

[...]

Where is this Mage's Faithful Hound spell? I would like to see what it is specifically as it might help or be what I want.

In your 3.0 PHB, it'll be called "Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound."

If you look for it in the 3.0 SRD online, it'll be called "Faithful Hound."

You can find it here in the Spells (F) sheet.

Jimlock

Adventurer
I think his point was "You're dreaming,"

This, because what the OP asked for is impossible,

+

Woke up on a good day
And the world was wonderful
A midnight summer dream had me in its spell

I dreamt about an old man
Sat and watched the rain all night
He couldn't sleep a wink as all the drops fell

He told me of the beauty
Hidden in our foreheads
He told me of the ugliness
We show instead

And when we put a foot wrong do we learn
From all the pain
A midnight summer dream as he watched the rain

Then at midnight he poured another drink
And bent my ear
After midnight we sat up half the night
Or maybe more
And he began to tell me what it was all for

I woke up in an armchair
He had gone I don't know where
Left me there to sit and look at the rain

Don't remember much at all
But his words were echoing
A midnight summer dream and then wake again

Maybe I'll never find him
Maybe he's gone forever
Maybe I'll have to sit here
Watching the weather

One thing's pretty certain helped me
Make it in the night
Showed me somewhere else between wrong and right

And at midnight if you can't sleep
Then I can bend your ear
After midnight we'll sit up half the night
Or maybe more
And I'll begin to tell you what it is all for

Wake up on a good day
And the world feels wonderful
Midnight summer dream has me in its spell.

For all those calling the post irrelevant...

I could explain the connection between the OP's question and the lyrics of the song, but that would be kinda cheesy.

I'm sure you can figure it out, if you can spare a few seconds of your time. You all play D&D, you should have plenty of imagination.

So think twice before calling someone "stupid", either because you can't bother, or because you can't understand the intention (or the joke if you may).

Lyrad8791

First Post
I know what to do! use your unseen servant spell to help craft the unseen guardian spell amorally mentioned, a dwarf wizard uses it to aid him in crafting weapons all the time, it should drop the Spellcraft DC a little bit :)
Interesting idea, if the spell is low level enough I might just do that until I get my Dedicated Wright at 4th level.

Also, to Patryn, thanks for the spell name in 3.0 I will look this up.

Last edited:

jcbdragon

First Post
With that said, in one game of ours a player in combat created an Unseen Servant and instructed it to carry a piece of burning wood and drop it onto an opponent who was at negative Hitpoints but had been stablized.

So, anything is possible if you're creative enough.

Absolutely. Or push a rock off a high ledge, or tip over a kettle of boiling oil in a castle siege, etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads