• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unstoppable Undead

Manzotin

First Post
Here are my 2 cents, assuming your DM is trying to challenge you..

- Have you asked around in temples or cities how do they manage or know about this kind of undead?
- They resist attacks like holy water, silvered weapons, uncommon matherials (mithril, maybe darkwood vampire-style?)...?
- Have you tried Align Weapon (Clr 2), maybe good damage won't heal? If this works, you cleric could craft some Sacred Scabbards (MIC, 183) for you.

Your cleric could craft one or more Radiant Spheres (MIC, 172) wich has 3 charges/day and can deal 4d6 "pure light" damage to undead for every charge. Expanding a daily use of turn undead the cleric can recharge it.

Assuming they retain some undead traits, like immunity to criticals and suffocation damage, they could retain positive energy weakness. If so, beat em up till they collapse and then let the cleric heal them to death. The regeneration, being a Su ability, could be not a source of positive energy in this monsters, but negative instead.

If you really can't hurt them:

Tie them with chains and locks. The STR DC to break a chain is 26, so wrapping 2 chains (like a braid) to make them break together should be around 50. Then get some poles and hang them up in a thin cage where they can't move, should grant a penalty on every action wich requires movement, including str checks and attacks. Pretty medieval...
Ah, you can repair rusting iron object with Make Whole (Clr2)

Find a rocky mountain, let the cleric dig in the stone with Stone Shape a room with the only entrance on the roof, kinda a well. Drop the bodies down there until you find a way to deal with them. With enough time, your cleric can shape a pretty big and tall room. Being a 3rd level spell, he could find some other cleric too, or maybe some dwarfs or everione else who can hold a pick, willing to help.

Eventually they will crumble to dust. But, you need a serious way to kill them wich maybe requires a plot advancement of some kind, or the world will collapse under this unstoppable menace O_O

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There has to be a why. Why did the DM create these indestructible undead??

Again, look at post #65- how he called using Heat Metal on swords "cheating" or how the weather has been clear skies ever since one successful use of Call Lightning.

If true, it looks like he has control issues. Like he has an "I must crush them like Drago" mentality. He is more concerned with his fun than theirs.

Sorrowdusk

First Post
Peraps there was a TPK, perhaps he's having too much fun, or perhaps the group just broke up. Whenever you have these whats a DM/Player to do scenarios you dont often get updates on the situation.

Sorrowdusk

First Post
Maybe he killed the DM, ate his heart to gain his power, and took his revenge on the players?

Revenge on the players for WHAT?

For his whole party converting from 2E to 3E using nothing but fighters because they wanted to be like his dual wielding ranger?

Anyway, I wonder how long the 2E game was going on for. 2 years into 4E they are just trying out 3 OR it could be that while 3.X was strong they just wanted an older edition or else they just waited until the books were cheap.

kitcik

Adventurer
Best Revenge

His best revenge would be to multi-class as an arcane caster (without telling them) and cast an illusion of himself walking off a cliff.

Can you figure out what would happen next? Oh, the irony.

SeamusRedfern

First Post
Sorry for my delayed response to your inquiries.

The session was cancelled by the DM who no longer wants to run his campaign. He asked me if I would run the group, which now includes him as a player, using the 4th edition ruleset. I have been somewhat busy with trying to get the campaign ready. The party refuses to split down the middle into 2 groups. Writing encounters for 9 people is not easy.
As for the Unstoppable Undead...I have a sneaking suspicion that we won't see them again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads