• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unusual Heroes Pictures (Master Maze Dungeons, Miniatures and Players)

Xaltar

First Post
Yeah, the amount that we have takes two people to lift. What you see on the table is almost every piece that I own in play.

I quickly found that I could not keep all of the boxes since I have 3 of the room and passage sets, and several others. I really like the traps set! Anyway, I keep it all in a large Tupperware container, because that is much more efficient for storage, but it does make it harder to find the pieces that I'm looking for.

I would think that it would be hard to setup the rooms during the game, especially if they weren't even partially pre-constructed.

As for my recommendations on pieces to buy, I like the 6x6 floor tiles. Using these, which are $10/each, you can build much larger rooms more cost effectively. You may also think about using the longer wall pieces as well. Before I got some of these, I found that I had only enough for several small rooms.

Xaltar

First Post
ra1.jpg

I also used some of the accessories from the Mage Knight Dungeons set. They have some pretty cool stuff for about $15/ set.

ra2.jpg

Like I said, I love the traps set!

Magic Rub

First Post
Xaltar, you are an evil, evil man! (or woman?)

I ran out this weekend and blew $300cnd on 3 sets. The delux room & passage, the Angle wall set, & the room set with the hidden door, I think it The delux room set. My girl friend & I set it up just to see what it was like & to prep. for my session tonight. When I was shelling out the cash, she said she thought I may be spending too much coin on such a wimpy item... Then when we had finished setting it up she told me that I should have WAY MORE. :D (I can't believe she wants me to spend more money on this :))

I told my players that I had a huge treat for them tonight (but not what it was). They called me the Alpha-Geek before(possibly because I'm the only one with a mate? :)) but when they see the master maze they're going to go mental & bow before me (or not).

Thanks Xaltar for the post, it remineded me of the Dwarven Forge stuff at just the right time. By that I mean, when I HAD(!!!) some extra money.

I can't wait until X-mas this year!

Last edited:

Xaltar

First Post
Magic Rub,

Glad to see that my pictures influenced you into picking up some Master Maze. I first purchase about $300 worth two years ago and was super upset when I could only make a couple of rooms.

That is part of my reason for recommending picking up a few of the 6x6 tiles for only $10, and you can order them at a bunch of places online. Don't go directly to Dwarven Forge though, they take forever to ship.

BTW- I am a him, and I'm married to the board member, Ziona. I guess that makes me an Alpha geek as well. :D

Crypt King

First Post
I myself have 20 Dwarven Forge sets, my co DM has 10, so between us we can make some huge dungeons. At one time we were mold/casting our own but it takes a lot of time to do it.

Look into Mage Knight dungeons, they have a couple of sets at 15 a pop that have tables, statues, columns, etc. You can pick up some figs for treasure chests, as was mentioned earlier.

Problem with Dwarven Forge is regular 1 inch base mini's cannot stand side by side without overlap, just a little too small.

You have to weigh the investment, if your campaign is a lot of dungeon exploring and if your players care. You may think it's cool but they may not care. It's an undertaking, 60 to 120 bucks a pop a set. I hit a few buy two get one free sales.

They are suppose to be making city and other pieces.

www.microtactixs.com is a good place for a cheep alternative, especially with the heroic scale ones they have now.

Remove ads