• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Update Confusion

DMINGW00TISAWSOME

First Post
In the Updates for the PHB, the ritual "brew potion" was changed to a first level ritual. however, none of the the potion level changed, so characters can't use this ritual until 4th level, as far as i can tell. can anyone de-confuse me?

Oompa

First Post
In the Updates for the PHB, the ritual "brew potion" was changed to a first level ritual. however, none of the the potion level changed, so characters can't use this ritual until 4th level, as far as i can tell. can anyone de-confuse me?

Don't have me books on me but i know a level 1 could use a lvl 30 item.. Maybe the same with creating stuff?

Flipguarder

First Post
Naw from what I remember they are like rituals, you have to be their level or above to use (brew) them.

I got nothing on this one op, sorry.

tmatk

Explorer
Don't have me books on me but i know a level 1 could use a lvl 30 item.. Maybe the same with creating stuff?

Nope, only your level or lower.

I'm thinking it's 1st level so wizards can take it as one of their 1st level freebies, leaving room for better options for the 5th level one.

Maybe AV2 will have some 1st level potions. I really don't know.

Oompa

First Post
Nope, only your level or lower.

I'm thinking it's 1st level so wizards can take it as one of their 1st level freebies, leaving room for better options for the 5th level one.

Maybe AV2 will have some 1st level potions. I really don't know.

From PHB page 223:

There’s no restriction on using or acquiring items based on their level, except that you can’t use the Enchant Magic Item ritual (page 304) to create an item above your level. If, for some reason, your 10th-level
character finds a 20th-level magic sword, you can use it to full effect.

So a level 1 can use a level 30 item, not create it..

Same with potions..

Remove ads