• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Update on Citizen Games

Sakzilla

Explorer
Hello all - I had promised an update once any sort of resolution was afoot and now I have one. If you saw my saga in this thread I had a problem getting some product I had ordered through Citizen Games back in February.

Well it would appear that there is a new sheriff in town over there at CG, because Jason Peck from Citizen Games took up my cause and, after several very sincere emails back and forth, he sent my product and a refund. He also threw in a few items from their gaming line for my trouble, and everything was of top quality. Everything I had heard about their Masterscreen product was true, and I am (belatedly) pleased. I don't know what happened recently, but there seems to be a new spirit of treating their customers right over there. Coupled with the good things I have heard about Warehouse 23 (who CG uses now for shipping) I do believe they have been rehabilitated.

At the same time as all of this, Mark Plemmons of Kenzer & Co contacted me - he stated that he hated to see gamers treated poorly in such an industry like this and offered to help. This guy had nothing to do with my order problem, and he offered and sent me a free copy of the Kindoms of Kalamar DM screen. Kenzer makes some absolutely fabulous products, and their screen is amazing - they have tons of information on this thing and it is all useful!

So I have now experienced great products AND outstanding people from both Citizen Games and Kenzer. I hope that whatever Karma fairy is out there heaps loads of good luck on both Jason and Mark. And thanks to this board and the community support - what a wild ride!

Last edited:

Paladin

Explorer
That's great to hear. It's nice to know that it wasn't the whole company, just one individual with the customer service skills of an orc that screwed everything up originally. Good show Jason Peck & Mark Plemmons!

Also, now we don't have to picket their booth... :D

Goobermunch

Explorer
Sakzilla--

You should post your resolution in that thread, also. In the off chance that someone comes here and sees that thread and not this one, they may be misled as to Citizen Games' reputation. It would be a shame for them to lose business because they're finally doing it right.

--G

hrafnagud

First Post
Arrrgh! I think we should have let that thread die a cold death. It's far more likely, I think, that people will stumble on it, gather that Citizen Games has some problems, get bored with the thread and move on. Nothing to be done, I guess.

I also promised to revisit this scenario,and I honestly believe there have been remarkable changes over there at Citizen Games. Going from the troll that is Rob Stone (die in pain, you festering weasle!) to the customer service conscious J. Peck was like being teleported from beyond the arctic circle to Tahiti, complete with silly cocktail. Not once did I get the impression that Peck was merely covering his own ass. The guy just went about righting the wrong, hedless of my ranting. Truly professional.

I'd like to ask everyone who has been following this fiasco to take another look at Citizen Games, or at least disregard the torching we gave them. At the time, they had it coming. Maybe Sakzilla and I helped, just a little, to bring to light the cancer that was rotting out the heart of Citizen Games. Maybe I'm just an ego-maniac, who knows. Either way, it is obvious to me (so far their biggest critic) that handing shipping over to Warehouse 23 and canning Rob Stone (filthy, puss-swilling goatwhore that he is) were both excellent changes designed to make Citizen Games a top rate company. Thank you, Mr. Peck, for lowering my blood pressure by a half.

On the road to getting this matter settled, I received an offer from Mark Plemmons of Kenzer & co. as well. This guy had nothing to do with my plight, but saw the thread here on EN World and took pity, sending me a complementary GM screen. Mother of God, this thing is huge! I imagine it is the same basic design as the Hackmaster screen (being the same company and all), and comes loaded with features. I'm going back to school just to learn how to work it. If you're into D20, any setting, you can't beat this thing for utility. I don't know if it's featured on the Kenzer webpage or not, but look into it. Pretty damn cool. Thank you, Mr. Plemmons, for taking pity on a frustrated gamer. Altruism is not dead! I think I'll go feed homeless people or something.

Some for you, some for you...oh, look, it's Rob Stone! Suffer, you syphilitic pile of monkey excrement! You can't run forever! Sooner or later I'll find you lurking in the dole queue...

Sakzilla

Explorer
The important thing is all is well in gamer land, and there are some truly remarkable people in the industry.

You say the "dole queue" and I think of that scene from the full monty where all the lads are humming their routine :D

jezter6

Explorer
It's good to see gamers helping gamers. After all, this IS a community...and it's time we acted like one.

Policing our own...always a good way to settle disputes like this inside the community. You could have gone through all kinds of court hassles, but a few posts complaining about how horrible your ordeal was changed things for the better, and you got some free booty as well.

I have a lot more respect for some of the publishers now that I've seen these 2 companies help keep gamers happy.

Remove ads