Update Surge: Previews, DDI update, Eberron article (threads merged)

Phaezen

First Post
So, I wonder how many howls of rage there are going to be for WOTC breaking promises by deviating from the Editorial Calendar, which they have marked as a "Living Document, subject to change and revision". :erm:

Phaezen

fissionessence

First Post
While I was one of the people upset about the pushed back release of the barbarian, I have to say that tacking on the phrase "Living Document, subject to change and revision" will squelch any chance of me being upset over future schedule changes.

Anyway, I am also hoping for more multiclass feat options from Martial Power . . . but mostly because I'd want it to portend similar options in future books (for example, I'm really disappointed about the Swordmage's multiclass feat).

~

Merlin the Tuna

First Post
Rechan: The tags for the second link are screwy, and it messes up the link.

It looks like they're starting to get a schedule hammered out, which is a good sign. It remains to be seen if they can consistently hit it, but putting these deadlines for themselves -- even in "living documents" -- ultimately helps everyone more than "Yeah, we've got plans to do this... sometime."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Dungeon, Dragon, Webpage: new stuff, free stuff, stuf on schedule (or so they say)

A big update on the DDI today:

:1:Pretty precise release dates and times for Dungeon and Dragon (Barbarian next monday!). One new article with game content for subscribers Monday, Wednessday, Friday, by 12:01 AM EST.

:2:Ongoing free material on the web, including the magazine columns, again Monday, Wednessday, and Friday.

:3:A calander showing when updates are coming

:4:The Compendium will be updated to include the Monster Manual, Forgotten Realms Player’s Guide, Adventurer’s Vault, Dragon #366 and Dungeon #156. And updated regularly on the 4th Tuesday of the month, "adding the rules “crunch” from whatever product went on sale the previous week (since all of our tabletop gaming products release on the 3rd Tuesday of the month) and from the latest monthly Dragon and Dungeon full-issue compilations (which means there will be about a one month lag for magazine content)".

:5: Also, there is a new bonus tool (being discussed in another thread), and they are hiring.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
An ambitious schedule, however I don't believe it. The further question is this considered a promise or is this just their hoped for goal.

Edit: Posted before merge

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Pretty precise release dates and times for Dungeon and Dragon (Barbarian next monday!). One new article with game content for subscribers Monday, Wednessday, Friday, by 12:01 AM EST.

EST Being GMT -5, CAT/CET is GMT +2, this means they have a 2 hour grace period to get things up so I have something to read at 9 am CAT while having coffee and waiting for servers to boot and do thier morning routines :lol:

Phaezen

Phaezen

First Post
An ambitious schedule, however I don't believe it. The further question is this considered a promise or is this just their hoped for goal.

THe 12:01 am EST upload time seems to be a promise, barring system errors, incorrectly loaded documents etc.

The Editors Calendar is a stated intention, not a promise and has the neccessary disclaimer attached to it.

I am willing to give them 3 months to get things running smoothly as with any new systems implementation, things can and do go wrong.

Phaezen

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I love how that word got in this thread so fast...without me having to use it.

I really do hope they come close to coming close in being close to actually doing this. Or at least coming close to doing it.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
In the grand scheme of things, WotC is pretty darn good at meeting editorial deadlines. If they're setting up a regular schedule for editorial content (including things like compendium updates), I would expect them to adhere to it for the most part. (Nobody's perfect, of course, so there will be exceptions.)

As for larger tech projects, they haven't kept to their original schedule--not by a wide margin. But it's also been a very long time since they've been specific with their promises. The more specific they get with their DDI application announcements these days, the more inclined I am to see them as accurate. They say the character builder will enter beta this month, and I believe them.

Remove ads