[UPDATED] Dragon+: An Official D&D iOS App

Dragon Magazine on iOS apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

Dragon Magazine on iOS

apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

View attachment 68157

Larac

First Post
Iphones are great unless you need to like make a phone call. :)

Have an old Ipad will see if it works or requires a camera so the old ones can not use.
No need for a camera but Apple started requiring the check to make you buy a new one.

Gecko85

Explorer
Oh, cruel fate! To be an Android user in an uncaring, Apple-centric world! To have longed so for the return of Dragon, only to find only disappointment and sorrow in the Google Play apps section!

Curse you, Wizards! A pox upon thy house! May you step unshod upon thy children's Legos! May your citrus be forever dry and unappetizing! May your ice cream eternally plummet to the floor from atop its cone after a single lick!

I would imagine you'll see it eventually. It's very likely the pages are PDF format (in the background), but using the Newsstand app for distribution. Once they find a suitable delivery mechanism for Android, it'll be trivial to cross publish.

Halivar

First Post
Ok, after fiddling around with it, I am impressed. I don't like phone app eZines, and this one is pretty easy to use. I like.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Yeah, it's pretty inevitable that this'll be out someday for Android...and I'd hope for non-app-havers in some capacity as well, but who knows.

Gecko85

Explorer
Some clarification from the first article (Chris Perkins):

Dragon+ is a free app that provides articles and interview on our current D&D storylines and its related products, as well as glimpses of future storylines. The first issue of Dragon+ features Elemental Evil - our latest storyline...

...Dragon+ is a digital descendant of a much older print publication called Dragon magazine, which was for many years a colossus in the gaming industry. Before the Internet, Dragon was how we got D&D news and previews. It was our doorway into the worlds of Dungeons & Dragons. Dragon+ has inherited that legacy. It's a doorway into all things D&D. Enter freely!

Chocolategravy

First Post
Oh, cruel fate! To be an Android user in an uncaring, Apple-centric world! To have longed so for the return of Dragon, only to find only disappointment and sorrow in the Google Play apps section!

Well the good news is that Windows 10 will be able to run iOS apps... the bad news is the company that makes the app will have to hit a button to make it happen so many won't bother.

Remove ads

Remove ads