• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Updated status on the revised GSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcus

First Post
For instance, EVERYONE here, before you came along just now, thought real lawyers were involved with the GSL (which is a natural assumption considering lawyers should be the ones handling contracts). According to your testimony here, no lawyers are involved whatsoever. So don't pick the most vocal guy out of the crowd and blame him for all the assumptions. People are going to converse with what little information they are given, fill in the blanks with what is known about such things, and from that information an extended view of the situation is going to develop. If you want that view to be correct(ed), then you need to speak up more often.

What are you talking about? I never said there are no lawyers involved. I said it was Scott and Linae and legal. Legal is the legal department, which has lawyers. I'm not sure what I said that made you think there arent lawyers involved.

All I see from you is wild speculation, misstatement (or misunderstanding) of facts and crazy presumptions.

Just cause you dont have info doesnt justify wild speculation.

Clark

Corjay

First Post
What are you talking about? I never said there are no lawyers involved. I said it was Scott and Linae and legal. Legal is the legal department, which has lawyers. I'm not sure what I said that made you think there arent lawyers involved.

All I see from you is wild speculation, misstatement (or misunderstanding) of facts and crazy presumptions.

Just cause you dont have info doesnt justify wild speculation.

Clark
I missed the "and it goes to legal part." Sue me. Like I said, speculation, "wild" or not, is going to happen whether you like it or not. The question, as I said, is if those in the know are going to be there to keep it on track. It's not like anyone here knows what's going on behind closed doors except those who converse with those who are behind the doors. Again, as I said, EVERYONE here is speculating, except apparently you. Therefore speculation is all any of us have. You call my speculations "wild", but my speculations are based on how things are often done in the business and legal world. If you take a look at some of the other speculations, you'll find that my speculations have kept things from going too far afield. You're using words like "wild" and "crazy" to exaggerate, but good thing I've seen posts from you in the past so that I know to take it with a grain of salt.

Also, you state that the legal department part comes after Scott and Linae's job, so I would assume that Scott's statement that "it just needs to get pushed to a final document" is referring to legal, or was the approval done by legal and the final document is referring to something else? So, if it is going to legal, can you tell us whether Legal decides things by Robert's Rules of Order or by simple approvals? It matters concerning time. RRO could take weeks. Simple approval could take as little as a day or two once it leaves Scott's possession. After legal, it should be just a matter of posting it.

As you can see, there are questions. Do you have the answers? If so, please share, otherwise we're going to have to go into an abnoxious bout of "wild speculation" and "crazy presumptions" that will drive you up the wall. In that case I have a number to a good psychiatrist if you need it.

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Corjay,

Orcus is more in the know than most, you're shooting the messenger. The situation he describes is mostly correct.

Clark,

Thanks for the continued encouragement! :D

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Corjay,

I know you're new around these parts so let me give you the cliff notes.

Never Argue With the Demon Lord, Orcus.

He's been around with the OGL since before day 1 and can probably quote the whole OGL and d20STL by heart. Plus he's a lawyer so he knows every detail and intracacy better then probably anyone else around here. Add to the fact that he's a demon lord and he knows how to twist it all to his advantage. He's had exclusive licenses with Wizards and has personal relationships with just about everyone at Wizards, White Wolf, and Paizo.​

In short, Orcus is second only to the voice of god (Morrus) around these parts.​

I don't want to sound like I'm ganging up on your, just trying to help you out.​

Corjay

First Post
No problem. I get it. But trust me when I say his trolling statements are no comparison to others I've dealt with. If a demon, then a lesser demon in my experience. Thanks, though.

phloog

First Post
No problem. I get it. But trust me when I say his trolling statements are no comparison to others I've dealt with. If a demon, then a lesser demon in my experience. Thanks, though.

I don't believe I have ever seen a case where the term 'trolling' could be applied to Clark...you've got your monsters mixed up. The fact that you closed this 'no problem. I get it' post with a snarky dig is a bit frustrating.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get from this forum, and I understand that not everyone is here to make pals, but you do leave me with the impression that you'd like to ruffle people's feathers for rufflin's sake. This could be put down to a non-ideal first impression.

But Clark is a demon, not a troll by a longshot. If his 'trolling' seems inferior, it's because he's not.

Last edited:

Corjay

First Post
No need to get into semantics. Maybe "snark" is a better word as you used towards mine. Snark for snark is the way its been.

Anyway, back on topic, or maybe to settle the topic, the GSL is being worked on, and apparently it won't be much longer (with the exception that we still don't know if Legal will resolve it by committee or by simple approval; maybe someone would like to inform us).

Orcus

First Post
Corjay,

Orcus is more in the know than most, you're shooting the messenger. The situation he describes is mostly correct.

Clark,

Thanks for the continued encouragement! :D

Hey Scott, I hope I wasnt speaking out of school in describing that process generally. I just couldnt take the misinformation any more. Not sure why it bothers me. You're a big boy and can handle it yourself :)

You know I am hoping big time that you can pull this off... I am dying to support 4E.

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads