• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Updated status on the revised GSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Hey Scott, I hope I wasnt speaking out of school in describing that process generally. I just couldnt take the misinformation any more. Not sure why it bothers me. You're a big boy and can handle it yourself :)

You know I am hoping big time that you can pull this off... I am dying to support 4E.

Clark

No Prob.

I will pull this off.

Voadam

Legend
Anyway, back on topic, or maybe to settle the topic, the GSL is being worked on, and apparently it won't be much longer

If you define "not much longer" as "at least weeks from Sept. 11 for the Rouse stage of it to be completed." :) I don't expect anything in September.

Corjay

First Post
If you define "not much longer" as "at least weeks from Sept. 11 for the Rouse stage of it to be completed." :) I don't expect anything in September.
When we're talking about WOTC time, LOL, yeah. :D Several people were expecting six months and more.

pemerton

Legend
Anyway, back on topic, or maybe to settle the topic, the GSL is being worked on, and apparently it won't be much longer (with the exception that we still don't know if Legal will resolve it by committee or by simple approval; maybe someone would like to inform us).
I don't fully understand why you think the committee issue is so important.

I have worked for an Australian parliamentary committee, I have sat on high school policy committees, and I currently sit on a number of academic administrative committees. In all cases the general method of decision-making was for the chair to express a preliminary view, seek input from the table, and then for the matter to be resolved by the consenus that the chair took to have arisen out of the discussion. Only a handful of times in 20 years have I ever seen a committee put a matter to the vote, whether that involved making a decision or revisiting a previous decision.

I'd be surprised if US business practice is all that different from my Australian public sector experiences.

Corjay

First Post
My experience with such committees is much slower than that. I've been in a union and I've been a part of a private committee. Both took forever to get anything approved because every little issue required a vote. For most committees that I've heard about, they meet once a weak, even for businesses. My union would get about 2 issues of any significance acheived (by vote) on each week. Then there's the senate and congress. Watching both of those committees work, it's a little faster, but still pretty slow.

It's fairly limited experience, but when I studied the ROR, it seemed pretty slow if you follow the letter of the rules. But the ROR is merely guidelines. A committee can choose its own rules or modify the ROR for their committee at will. So if a committee wants to streamline things, they could change it.

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Anyway, back on topic, or maybe to settle the topic, the GSL is being worked on, and apparently it won't be much longer (with the exception that we still don't know if Legal will resolve it by committee or by simple approval; maybe someone would like to inform us).

RACI

I am the R

Legal is the A

There are C's and I's too.

Corjay

First Post
Thanks for the info, Scott. So it all works on verification and signature (simple approval). So it should be faster than committee.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads