• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UPDATED]Submissions Call for two new XRP lines

Sir Trent

Explorer
ooo, ooo, I know this one!

What they want is for you to narrate the NPC at three levels, one within each of the level bands (say 2nd, 10th, and 16th). The publisher will stat them out from there. Think of it as three times the players meet that NPC over the course of several years, and the interesting changes that have occurred during that time.

Yes, just the history of the character highlighted at one of each of the three bands. We'll stat him/her/it out for all 20 levels.

We prefer submissions to be only SRD based. It's easier for us and more compatable for everyone else.

Thanks!

joe b.

takyris

First Post
Hey, Joe,

I was wondering -- having looked at the submission page, I'm not positive what you mean by "one character type". In one paragraph, you say "Fighter, Spellcaster..." which makes me think, "Ah, so if I design an adventure that works equally well for a rogue or a bard, I'm good," but then another paragraph specifically says "Fighter, Wizard, Thief..." and if Thief means Rogue, that means that we're really interested in one specific class, and I should make an adventure that you have to be a bard or a rogue to really enjoy -- important plot elements should hinge on either trapfinding or bardsong, for example.

Dunno if that makes sense -- I'm working on a one-shot outline that I'd intended for bards but then expanded to be for "skill-use-centric characters", so a rogue or monk could handle it as well, and a ranger or skill-focused barbarian or druid could even get through it.

Thanks!

What you've described is correct. One type of character class or character type. If you can write it to where a bard or a rogue works, that's completely acceptable.

Technically, we've just closed the submissions (we have 6 so far), but seeing as you're a Rat Bastard DM we'll gladly accept your idea for consideration after the closure date. We want to get a few of these up and out before commiting to a whole bunch.

For everyone else, please hold back on your submissions until we reopen the call. Check our website, www.exp.citymax.com for updates on our submissions page.

joe b.

TransmuteMe

First Post
I love One-on-One Adventures...

:( Submissions for the One-on-One Adventures are closed? I had one ready but wanted to complete the rest of the material (seeds and NPCs) for the open calls. I sent it anyway before I read the last message asking not to send any more submissions (seriously, I just saw the addition to the top post and then got freaked out and decided to send my proposal). I was hoping you might still consider it.

Anyway, I have some more material I'm working on (NPC files, and possibly a few more seeds) that I will soon send your way. Does there happen to be a deadline?

Seriously though, I love writing adventures for one person and one GM. :(

Will

Last edited:

We're queing up for 1on1 adventures right now and they'll be published in the order we receive/accept them. We just want to get a few out there and make sure there's the demand we think there is for such a product before committing deeper.

We're still accepting submissions for our other lines as listed at www.exp.citymax.com 's submission page.

joe b.

Remove ads