[UPDATED]What Is Project Riboflavin?

An enigmatic video has been posted teasing something called “Project Riboflavin” releasing Halloween 2016. The video features a still image of some sort of witch looking down on a spooky mansion, and ends with logos for Avalon Hill, Lone Shark Games, and Wizards of the Coast. (thanks to Carl for this scoop). It features a remarkable list of game designers and others along the left side of the image.

An enigmatic video has been posted teasing something called “Project Riboflavin” releasing Halloween 2016. The video features a still image of some sort of witch looking down on a spooky mansion, and ends with logos for Avalon Hill, Lone Shark Games, and Wizards of the Coast. (thanks to Carl for this scoop). It features a remarkable list of game designers and others along the left side of the image.

[video=youtube;HbV-xHbz9BA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbV-xHbz9BA[/video]

UPDATE: WotC has posted a product page for Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk, release date Oct 14, 2016. "The horror of Betrayal at House on the Hill reaches new heights, with this first ever expansion to the popular board game. Widow's Walk offers fans of the game 50 new haunts written by an all-star cast of contributors from the world of gaming and entertainment, and an entirely new floor of the house for players to explore: the roof. Additionally, this expansion includes new monsters, items, omens, and events to enhance the game. Players must have the Betrayal at House on the Hill board game to use this expansion."

• Peter Adkison
  • Christopher Badell
  • Keith Baker
  • John Borba
  • Chad Brown
  • Bart Carroll
  • Quelle Chris
  • Andy Collins
  • Rob Daviau
  • Michael Dunlap
  • Chris Dupuis
  • Don Eubanks
  • Justin Gary
  • Jonathan Gilmour
  • Bruce Glassco
  • Eli Halpern
  • Will Hindmarch
  • Jerry Holkins
  • Mons Johnson
  • Gwendolyn Kestrel
  • Richard Malena
  • Mikey Neumann
  • Paul Peterson
  • Ben Petrisor
  • Marie Poole
  • Zoe Quinn
  • Keith Richmond
  • Mike Robles
  • Tifa Robles
  • Anita Sarkeesian
  • F. Wesley Schneider
  • Mike Selinker
  • Liz Spain
  • Max Temkin
  • Elisa Teague
  • Rodney Thompson
  • Jeff Tidballl
  • Brian Tinsman
  • Pendleton Ward
  • Angela M. Webber
  • Gaby Weidling
  • and the Lone Shark interns

A link to the video was tweeted by Mikey Neumann, and retweeted or replied to enigmatically by several of the people whose names appear on the list.

Early speculation is that it is a new project related to Betrayal at House on the Hill, which was designed by Bruce Glassco and published by Avalon Hill. (Riboflavin is also know as Vitamin B2.)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
the website said:
Also in its halls you will find new monsters, items, omens, events, and 50 brand-new haunts, penned by lead developer Mike Selinker’s all-star cast of contributors from the world of gaming and entertainment.
So it sounds like a lot of these people from the list maybe contributed a thing here or there, but maybe aren't, like, deeply involved. Which is fine - gotta be cheaper, anyway. :)

That is an exciting list of contributors.

Board games aren't really my bag, but if they were, I imagine I'd be excited for this! :)

mrm1138

Explorer
This is way cool! Of course, I haven't come anywhere close to having played through even half of the scenarios for the base game, but this still looks outstanding!

TheSwartz

Explorer
In Medical School, I remember reading once that the shimmering film you see on the top of an undisturbed carton of yogurt was.... Riboflavin.... probably not related...

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads