• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urban adventures - help!

Xilo

First Post
Hi all,

I'm after some pdf dowloads of city based adventures. Free or otherwise, but pdf is prefered, can you point me in the right direction.

I've downloaded a few off the Wizards site, but there aren't many in a city. the part is low level so anything for characters 3rd lvl and below.

Also does any one know if it is possible to get Mystic Eye Games' Urban Blight in pdf?

Thanks

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
IIRC, Mystic Eye has PDFs up on RPGNow.com. You can also find several Freeport adventures there that can be adapted to any city environment with a modest amount of elbow grease.

00Machado

First Post
I'd suggest a few things...

For inspiration making your own urban adventures...
City Works, available on PDF inexpensively from DriveThruRPG
Ptolus, or if you don't want to spend the money, read through the message boards and swipe ideas from what people are doing in their Ptolus games
Power of Faerun - lots of ideas on the motivations that can drive urban adventures

Published adventures
In the Belly of the Beast from Atlas Games (not sure if it's in PDF or not)
Dungeon Magazine - you can ask for suggestions on their message boards as to which back issues will give you the most for your money, or read through the description of the older issues for the adventures most suited to your game.
The Speaker in Dreams from Wizards of the Coast (level 5). Some parts of the adventure are more interesting than others.
I think you can find some good ideas from the first part of Sons of Grummsh from Wizards as well (the rest takes place outside of an urban setting)

If you don't mind converting from older editions, then I'm sure you can find some good stuff that TSR put out back in the day, like the Falcon series for Greyhawk, and so forth.

If I was trying to find them on the cheap, I'd put my money into
City Works
In the Belly of the Beast
Trolling the Ptolus message boards (free)
A few well selected issues of Dungeon

Xilo

First Post
00Machado said:
The Speaker in Dreams from Wizards of the Coast (level 5). Some parts of the adventure are more interesting than others.
I think you can find some good ideas from the first part of Sons of Grummsh from Wizards as well (the rest takes place outside of an urban setting)

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know where I can find these adventures? I just had a look on the Wizards adventures section, but they don't seem to be there. Thanks

The Freeport Trilogy is 3 adventures (wow, what a surprise there!) set in the city of Freeport. There are a few stand-alone adventures set there as well.

Dungeon Magazine is a great source of urban adventures. I would suggest posting on the Paizo messageboards to get names of specific adventures or issues as the adventure locations vary from issue to issue.

Olaf the Stout

Xilo

First Post
Xilo said:
Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know where I can find these adventures? I just had a look on the Wizards adventures section, but they don't seem to be there. Thanks

Ignore that. I've just found them. Thanks for the suggestion!

Remove ads