• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urban Arcana Hijacked Game

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Festy_Dog said:
"Haiti... sounds correct now that you mention it," Jennifer replies, "As long as we don't take long research wouldn't be bad at all."

"I believe I have enough in my head to have some idea about them . . . I wonder why he asked about them though in regards to this incident," Simon mused as he spoke with Jennifer. "Regardless, the longer we wait to get there, the more opportunity for the scene to be altered - I think we'll head right there, if that's alright."

OOC: What's our equipment? Do I have a laptop, palm, wireless, cell, etc.?

DrZombie

First Post
The car is top-notch : GPS-palmtop with auto-update to traffic systems, laptop with connection to police database and wireless broadband, you name it. There's even a button marked "siren".The colour, on the other hand, is an unimagenative black.

[OOC message waiting at the OOC thread]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Jennifer grins at the laptop.

"Now here's a good opportunity," shes says, "I'll see what we can find on those Macouts."

She does a few searches on different engines to see if she can dig anything up.

DrZombie

First Post
You arrive at theafrican museum in Tervuren. The area is closed off for the public. Typical "police do not cross" lines fence off the entrance. A few coffee-drinking coppers look up as you approach, but you seem to be "official" looking, so they don't really bother to get out in the cold. From the entrance of the museum you can see flashes of cold white light, the telltale signs that the forensics are doing their job. As you enter you see an african man in a razorsharp suit directing the various officers inside. The forensics are taking pictures of the glass front of the entrance desk. A few red vertical slashes are visible, as if someone with bloodied hands clawed at the glass from the inside.

As you stand there looking around, the african man walks over. "Are you the guys from bureau ten? Lafayette's my name. Narcotics. Could I see some ID please."

Asfter confirmation of your identities he takes you to the entrance desk. "Hope you haven't had breakfast yet, it's not a pretty sight."

The nightwatch lays behind his desk. His hands are curled into bloody claws. In his right hand he holds a bloodied white marble with a string attched to it. Both his eyes are clawed out, and his face is contorted in a scream of terror.

"We had to bash open the door, it was closed on the inside. Blood samples will be taken to see if he was taking something."

"the thieves were after some statues that arrived yesterday, for the exhibition on the Songye people. We're trying to catalogue the remaining statues to see what's missing, they were after something specific, or so it seems"

"The reason I called you is this", he says as he takes you to a sideroom. Inside is a security station with the various monitors. "This was taken last night" You see a man approaching the museum, and opeing the front door with a key. he's wearing a hat and bulky clothing. A few minutes later, he walks out. Then, several masked figures enter. They are of african descent. "TonTon Macouts, from Brussels".

"The first man is our mystery man. he did something to the guard. Then he allowed the TonTons in."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Simon kept the siren off, but left the lights on, looked and Jennifer and smiled, "I wonder if they know its our first day?"

Simon moved to open the door for Jennifer, while taking the opportunity to review the outside of the structure, as well as sight lines from other buildings in the area to the museum.

Once inside the rotunda, Simon almost looked more at the exhibits surrounding them than at the murder scene. His face was noticably paler . . . if that was possible.

DrZombie said:
"The reason I called you is this", he says as he takes you to a sideroom. Inside is a security station with the various monitors. "This was taken last night" You see a man approaching the museum, and opeing the front door with a key. he's wearing a hat and bulky clothing. A few minutes later, he walks out. Then, several masked figures enter. They are of african descent. "TonTon Macouts, from Brussels".

"The first man is our mystery man. he did something to the guard. Then he allowed the TonTons in."

Swallowing hard, Simon replied, "Wonder even if the 'mystery man' is even a man - difficult to tell with the camera angle. I'd be interested in a copy of monitor tapes on disk for the incident as well as several days prior. Regardless, whoever it was definitely disabled the guard."

He fell into his secure niche, a researcher first and foremost - then an agent. He looked to Jennifer for further ideas.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Keia said:
Simon moved to open the door for Jennifer,

"A gentleman, how kind of you," she says with an appreciative smile.

DrZombie said:
The nightwatch lays behind his desk. His hands are curled into bloody claws. In his right hand he holds a bloodied white marble with a string attched to it. Both his eyes are clawed out, and his face is contorted in a scream of terror.

Jennifer screws up her face in disgust then crouches down to get a closer look, not disturbing anything but paying attention to the eye sockets to get a clue of how they were removed, and to the marble if she can see enough of it through the guard's hand.

She stands back up again and silently follows Lafayette into the camera room.

DrZombie said:

Jennifer nods.

"Mind if I play the tape again?" she asks politely.

She watches the video more intently this time, focusing on the mystery man and trying to register anything of note: how he walks, what he's wearing, if he's carrying anything.

Keia said:
Swallowing hard, Simon replied, "Wonder even if the 'mystery man' is even a man - difficult to tell with the camera angle. I'd be interested in a copy of monitor tapes on disk for the incident as well as several days prior. Regardless, whoever it was definitely disabled the guard."

He fell into his secure niche, a researcher first and foremost - then an agent. He looked to Jennifer for further ideas.

"Hmm, well we know he has a key to the place, so we should look to whoever's in charge of keys here for that information," she says absentmindedly, turning to Lafayette, "You mind if I take a look at the crime scene?"

Jennifer slips on a pair of classic crime scene gloves from her pocket as she returns to the body and crouches down to try and retrieve the marble from the it's hand. She holds it up by the string in front of her, inspecting it closely.

DrZombie

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Jennifer slips on a pair of classic crime scene gloves from her pocket as she returns to the body and crouches down to try and retrieve the marble from the it's hand. She holds it up by the string in front of her, inspecting it closely.
As you examine the "marble" realisation hits you like an ice-hammer in the stomach. It's his left eye he himself clawed out. Standing this close, a wave of nausea hits you when you see the chewed-upon remains of his right eye in his mouth.

DrZombie

First Post
Keia said:
Festy_Dog said:
"Hmm, well we know he has a key to the place, so we should look to whoever's in charge of keys here for that information," she says absentmindedly, turning to Lafayette,
"yes", Lafayette replies. "We're getting a list and alibies of all the key-holders, off course. My men are looking at the videofootage. I'll make sure you get a copy."

"the TonTons are getting pretty active lately, because of the new situation in Haiti. They are awaiting the return of one of their chiefs, but we haven't found out who's in charge. They're a tough bunch to infiltrate.
They're a bunch of sadistic bullies, using a mixture of outright violence, voodoun and central african myths to terrify the local community, concentrating on weapons dealing, drugs, prostitution and protection rackets. They've got the "black" market cornered, keeping out the maffia and the russians."

"We've had a few ritualistic killings before, but nothing like this. As to why and what they where stealing, we haven't got a clue really."

"Anyway, have a look around, see what you can find. My men are under orders to give you complete and total cooperation. My bosses aren't to keen on having "competition" from another bureau, but then again my bosses aren't working in the field. Here's my card. Call me whenever you have a question, or if you need assistance or backup."

And with a sarcastic "Have a nice day." he leaves you to it.

Festy_Dog

First Post
DrZombie said:
Standing this close, a wave of nausea hits you when you see the chewed-upon remains of his right eye in his mouth.

Jennifer averts her gaze for a moment, swallowing hard to keep her breakfast down.

"It seems this man clawed out his own eyes, even tried to eat one of them. I hope you're not right about the suspect being inhuman or something," she says, an unhappy tone in her voice.

She puts the eye back in the guard's hand, unsure whether it would belong in an evidence bag or the body bag.

DrZombie said:
"We're getting a list and alibies of all the key-holders, off course. My men are looking at the videofootage. I'll make sure you get a copy."

"Ah, very good. Might be worth checking in with any ex-key holders too," she adds helpfully.

DrZombie said:
"Here's my card. Call me whenever you have a question, or if you need assistance or backup."

"Thankyou," Jennifer replies, carefully putting the card into her shirt pocket.

She looks to Simon, then casts a critical eye around the room.

"I'll see if there's an evidence kit in the car," she says.

[ooc: If there's an evidence kit available (in the car or from an officer at the seen) Jennifer will search the area around the guard and the exhibition on the Songye people. She'll take 10 on any investigate check.]

Remove ads