• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Karm

First Post
Karm steps into the room behind Kuma and places the Everburning candle on the ground to leave him with one hand free to cast summon nature's ally and braces himself as he hears the door splinter against the spider's ferocious onslaught.

OOC -
5 Foot step to G3
Drop Everburning Candle (free action)
Prepare readied action to cast summon nature's ally 1 (targeted at C3 [flanking the spider])

covaithe

Explorer
Round 3, continued

The party prepare themselves and wait.

Round 4

The spider pounds on the door again, but the door mostly withstands this particular blow. Still, it will not last too much longer... (ooc: 1 damage after hardness.)

(ooc: Any change of actions? Please do be explicit about your actions and position; I guess from the description of Ter-raen's actions that he's stepped forward and readying an attack, but when I have to interpret, it makes updates slower.)

Initiative
Spider 6 damage
Gildrim 14/24, protected against evil, due for another fort save in 8 rounds <== you're up
Karm 10/10
Kuma 13/13
Ter-raen 29/33 +6 temp hp, due for another fort save in 7 rounds, raging 6 rounds remain

[sblock=map]
floor2_10.png

[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim taps a boot impatiently. "Is th' duir givin' ye some trouble, than?" he asks the beast. He breaks into the rumbling song that is Nurazak war chanting.

OOC: inspire courage +1, gentlemen.

serow

First Post
HP 35/39, AC 16 (-2 from Rage), Rage rounds 2/7

Ter-raen remains where he is, in the same pose as before. He can see the door breaking, he can see the spider's claws and fangs coming, he can see his blade striking true. He hears the dwarf taunting the spider, but does not add a taunt of his own to it. He is afraid thinking of something witty to say will break the delicate mental balance he has right now.

[sblock=Actions]Same as before, remain where he is, ready action to attack when the door breaks and the spider is within reach[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 4, continued

The party keep waiting. Gildrim starts an inspiring chant.

Round 5

This time the spider fails to damage the door at all. (ooc: 0 damage after hardness.)

The party... (ooc: insert further preparations here, if desired, but in the interests of this not taking all year, I'm going to fast forward.)

Round 6

Finally, the spider manages to shatter the door off its hinges. (5 damage after hardness. The door shatters. Technically, readied actions fire before this, but that's ridiculous in this case. You're all up.)

Initiative
Spider 6 damage
Gildrim 14/24, protected against evil, inspiring courage +1, due for another fort save in 6 rounds <== you're up
Karm 10/10
Kuma 13/13
Ter-raen 29/33 +6 temp hp, due for another fort save in 5 rounds, raging 4 rounds remain

map unchanged.

Karm

First Post
Karm utters a few words in druidic and points with his free hand at the spider. A flash and a puff of smoke appears behind the spider amidst the smoke you can make out a very large rat that immediately attacks the spider!

Kuma lunges at the spider gnashing his teeth and snarling.

[sblock=ooc]
Cast summon Nature's Ally 1: Dire Rat
Dire rat attack Dire Rat Attack Disease-Filth Fever Fort DC 11 1d3 dex 1d3 con Incubation period 3 days (1d20+4=5, 1d4=4) ouch :(.
Kuma attack1d20+3=19, 1d6+1=5 Hooray!
Edit: Dire rat is flanking the spider so +2 to Ter-raen and Gildrim's attacks for 1 round.
Double Edit: I think that Kuma may have to move around the spider to attack :/. So that attack probably didn't work. I just looked at the map and thats how it looks. Can Kuma move through the square that gildrim is in to E4 and attack? That will provoke an AoO right?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads