• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Useful acronyms - a request

Talislan

First Post
Someone mentioned this on another thread and I realised how much I struggled when I first came onto these boards after being away from gaming for a long time. Also from the perspective of those who aren't as internet savvy (I only started using forums late last year) I thought the following may be helpful.

Could someone compile a list of commonly used acronyms used:
A: In internet (forum) conversation in general eg. IMO = In My Opinion

B: in relation to RPG'ing in general eg. Bo9S = Book of nine swords

I know some of them may sound obvious when we write them but newcomers having a point of reference would most likely find this helpful and more importantly it may help prevent misunderanding, flaming etc in the future.

Only an idea and if it belongs somewhere else please move it/shoot it down to your hearts content.

T.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Some of the common net stuff is listed, well, on the net somewhere. Lots of places, actually. RPG terms though, yeah, I think that's pretty good idea for a thread here. Just IMO, and all that. ;)

Hm. . . to save some unnecessaries, here is a useful resource in its own right, and at the bottom of the page is a list of products referenced by acronym. There are some common variations frequently used online, however: PHBII instead of PH2; MMII, MMIII, MMIV and MMV instead of MM2, MM3, MM4 and MM5, respectively; maybe others.

What are some other ones that might not be understood? Can't think of any others, atm (at the moment.) :\

Talislan

First Post
Well I can hardly raise the idea and not contribute so here is a source for commonly used acronyms on the internet in general:

http://members.aol.com/nigthomas/alphabet.html

Maybe one of the admin team can put this and AUS_SNOW's link (thanks for the contribution, forgot about that link :) ) somewhere for the the new, confused, or 'out of touch' (like me!) to go when they get lost

Cheers

T.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads