• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using Artifacts in the Forgotten Realms

Jared Rascher

Explorer
According to the Age of Worms Adventure Path conversion that Eric Boyd did, the Hand and Eye of Vecna in the Realms were converted to the Hand and Eye of Myrkul, remnants of Myrkul's mortal body when Midnight destroyed him over the Sea of Fallen Stars during the Time of Troubles. Midnight disintegrated him, and according to the conversion, being a god, his hand and eye survived (as well as the part of his personality that it still in the Crown of Horns).

As for Good artifacts, there was always the three part Arm of Glory that was lost in Myth Drannor during its fall, the Artblades of Myth Drannor . . . I'm sure there are others, but I'm doing this off the top of my head right now.

TheLordWinter

First Post
Your players will likely notice that you're just switching the name between one figure and another - likely you could just include Vecna without any muss. After all, if he can breach planes of existence, perhaps he wants to make his way to the Realms? If that doesn't suit your fancy, how about they are the hand and eye of Szass Tam, the arch-lich who rules over the Red Wizards of Thay?

Bayushi Seikuro

First Post
Hand of Vecna

I might be showing my age, but look at the first four comics in the Forgotten Realms comics DC put out yeeeeears ago. The Hand of Vaprak might as well have been Vecna's hand -- it just came from an ogre and troll god. Similiar nasty effects

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads