• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Using D&D 3.5 rules only, how would you simulate a Jedi?

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Haha this was a discussion between a friend and I. We both worked on it and I actually have a 20 level Jedi class (for all three types) if you were interested I could post it. Granted the first 6 levels you better be careful you might die but after level 15 you are safely on your way to owning things.

If you want me to post these classes just give a word and I will post them under my creations.

RigaMortus2

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
Haha this was a discussion between a friend and I. We both worked on it and I actually have a 20 level Jedi class (for all three types) if you were interested I could post it. Granted the first 6 levels you better be careful you might die but after level 15 you are safely on your way to owning things.

If you want me to post these classes just give a word and I will post them under my creations.

I would be interested in seeing them...

PIA

First Post
It looks as if the jedi is a prestige class specializing in unarmed combatant, very hard to hit & elusive, great movement, with limited "mind powers" & focuses most of his combat with a specialty melee weapon unique to their order. There would be different powers for good jedi vs evil.

to best emulate a jedi's ability I would think Psion fits the bill more than any other

powers: precog defense, psionic suggestion, attaction, mind thrust, missive, energy adaption, inflict pain, body adjustment, energytk force, tk thrust,

combination of the monk/psion/kensia/fighter classes.
The weapon they use is not a self generated weapon it is manufactured and would be something their order would provide. All jedi weapons dont have to be the same but they all look as if they would be brialliant energy weapons

PIA

First Post
It looks as if the jedi is a prestige class specializing in unarmed combatant, very hard to hit & elusive, great movement, with limited "mind powers" & focuses most of his combat with a specialty melee weapon unique to their order. There would be different powers for good jedi vs evil.

to best emulate a jedi's ability I would think Psion fits the bill more than any other

powers: precog defense, psionic suggestion, attaction, aversion, mind thrust, missive, energy adaption, inflict pain, body adjustment, energytk force, tk thrust, aura sight, touchsight, tk mnvr, psychic crush, true seeing, aura alteration, mind blank, shadow body, Psionic Revivify, hustle, energy current, burst, Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions,Clairvoyant Sense,Object Reading, mindlink, crises of breathe, read thoughts, conceal thoughts, lions charge

combination of the monk/psion/kensia/fighter classes.
The weapon they use is not a self generated weapon it is manufactured and would be something their order would provide. All jedi weapons dont have to be the same but they all look as if they would be brialliant energy weapons

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Consider making them Elan and gain their racial ability to protect themselves from damage with PP.

I know that all Elans are biologically human, but the concept could easily be extended to other physical forms.

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
I always thought that Elan should be a template rather than a race.

Absolutely. But balancing the LA would have been quite difficult because I believe that wanted some fun funky abilities with a LA +0 race. Clearly it is conceptually the kind of thing that makes sense for a template.

Talic

First Post
Yeah, Psi-warrior is a good base. A few of the powers, such as offensive/defensive precognition, empty mind, and burst fit nicely with their basic combat style. Especially those powers that grant insight bonuses. Inirtial Armor and Force Screen can provide defensive bonuses as well without needing the monk unarmored bonuses. The psi feats Speed of thought and Mental Leap also fit with the style.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads