• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Using Eidolons as mounts

DanGwancie

First Post
Summoners can spend points to give the eidolon the mount capability and that evolution mentions mounted battle capability. but for now i don't want that. mounted combat. all i mean is hop into my lion and travel around.
Do i still need that evolution?

I'm a gnome btw.

Appreciate any response,

thanks

Manabarbs

Explorer
If you just want your lion to carry you around outside of combat, you can just have it use the normal rules for creatures carrying things around, the same as you carry your bedroll or a wizard carries his familiar. Because you're a gnome, the lion has four legs, and it's probably pretty strong, you're probably a light load for the lion unless you're carrying around a lot of stuff with you. Your DM may limit the sort of things you or your lion can do while you're riding it, but it can totally carry things around like any other creature can. (Your DM might also be more lenient with what the lion can do while carrying you, since it's a supernatural creature in the form of a lion, rather than just a commonplace lion.)

S

Sunseeker

Pretty much what Manabarbs said. Your eidolon is a totally loyal creature under your command, so ride like the wind!

Starfox

Hero
The problem IMO is that it is untrained for combat - it tales a DC 20 Ride roll for you AND it to act in the same round while you are riding it (as opposed to DC 5 for a trained mount). A strict DM might consider it unwilling to let you ride it, instead carrying you in it's "arms", which would be more cumbersome for both you and it.

DanGwancie

First Post
The problem IMO is that it is untrained for combat - it tales a DC 20 Ride roll for you AND it to act in the same round while you are riding it (as opposed to DC 5 for a trained mount). A strict DM might consider it unwilling to let you ride it, instead carrying you in it's "arms", which would be more cumbersome for both you and it.

I do not mean to ride it for combat. Not yet, i don't. Thanks all of you. Thread Closed!

Stormonu

Legend

Or in the case of a lion, carrying the gnome around in its mouth by the scruff of the neck like the gnome were a kitten ...

Remove ads