• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using Fighter's Expertise Dice - clarification

GreyICE

Banned
Banned
I think this is another really good argument that Expertise dice should refresh at the END of your turn. It gives the fighter a full Expertise pool to parry and protect with (without trying to do a divination on what happens next in combat) and it prevents the 'well, I missed so I get a zillion defensive actions this turn.' It makes the tradeoff real. There's no tradeoff when you miss with an attack - you default spend zero, tradeoff free.

I think this is another really good argument that Expertise dice should refresh at the END of your turn. It gives the fighter a full Expertise pool to parry and protect with (without trying to do a divination on what happens next in combat) and it prevents the 'well, I missed so I get a zillion defensive actions this turn.' It makes the tradeoff real. There's no tradeoff when you miss with an attack - you default spend zero, tradeoff free.

...Huh. I hadn't thought of it this way, but you're right. I'll ask my fighter player about this, see what he thinks.

Though, as a point of order, the Slayer does have an option to spend dice when he misses. (At least, once the silliness of the 10+ roll is fixed.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads