• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using Gamemastery Chase Cards in 4th Ed

Anjohl

Villager
So these cards look very useable in 4th edition, but the DC values seem all over the place. Does Pathfinder calculate DC differently? For example, an easy check card has a DC of 10, while a hard challenge has a DC of 25. So this cannot simply be a matter of "Subtract 5 from all DC checks on cards", since a DC5 is abysmally low.

Is there a way to "transate" the DC numbers across to 4th?

You can't translate the numbers exactly.

Instead, use 4th Edition's revised skill DC rules, and pick a level for the whole encounter (which need not be exactly the level of the PCs).

Edit: I found the rules here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/mastery/chases.html

Many of these look like they would have fixed DCs. For 4e you would need more cards, including a "high level" set. A 20th-level heavily armored dwarf fighter without the Athletics score is still not really challenged by a steeply sloped roof, so no need to include that in a "high level" deck.

the Jester

Legend
Use the DCs from the 4e Rules Compendium, pg. 126, and they should work fine.

CAVEAT: I have never seen this product, so I'm assuming there are no problems outside of the DCs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads