• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using Spore's creature creator to model homebrew monsters!

ulrikbb

First Post
Available in stores now, is EA Games' creature creator pack for the game Spore. Its purpose is creating creatures that you will eventually develop when you play the full game, which releases in about two weeks. It's not my intention to advertise the game (I don't know whether I'll purchase the full one), but the creature creator is a really neat tool! I bought it yesterday, and found it a lot of fun. Finally, some of my old, homebrewed creatures get a proper illustration. I'm thinking they'll inspire a little bit more awe from my players the next time they face them.

Take a look at some of the monsters I've created so far.

Calocephalus (I am very fond of deadly plant creatures)
image_preview.php
caloce10.jpg

Dread Fang (serpentine killer)
dread_10.jpg

image_preview.php

Gargulon (flowery aberration)
gargul10.jpg

image_preview.php

Green Drake (my attempt to create a dragon)
green_10.jpg

image_preview.php

Purple Warclaw
purple10.jpg

image_preview.php

The creator does have some limit, but the possibilities are almost endless. Wee!

Has anyone else tried the creature creator? Got any pictures of your own creatures? I'd love to see them! :)

Last edited:

Wonka

First Post
Thats a good use of the creator, I must admit. And I have been waiting for Spore to come out for about 2 years now, I don't think Ill make it till September :)

ulrikbb

First Post
Here's another one. These are widely sought after, as they make wonderfully cute pets and companions :)

Baby Celestial Ram
baby_c10.jpg

I wish the creator would let me change the size of the eyes, though - they are all a bit big, and easily look silly.

Remove ads