• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Using the Pathfinder System for an Alternate Setting - Anyone doing it?

Archade

Azer Paladin
Back when the Grand History of the Realms came out, I changed our 3.5 campaign from the Forgotten Realms to my old university-days AD&D homebrew campaign. I've taken liberal ideas from Ptolus, Harn, and Golarion to fill in some of the gaps, but it's about 70% my own ideas.

We've playtested the Pathfinder Beta, and we are kicking into a new campaign this sunday.

I've commented quite a bit on my ENWorld blog about my campaign setting and its' design.

EN World D&D / RPG News - Archade

Robert Ranting

First Post
Pathfinder in another setting?

Since the beta came out, I've been playing in an Eberron campaign using a mish-mash of PF and the various 3.5 Eberron books. Our Pathfinder/Eberron DM is himself playing in a Ravenloft game being run with the system by another guy.

Myself, I don't think I'll ever run Pathfinder as a system, but there are certain rules bits that I will likely absorb into my own houserules (Animal companions, the way it handles class skills, etc.), and I fully intend to keep using their adventures, albeit, converted for my own purposes.

Robert "Pathfinder Player, Hombrew DM" Ranting

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads