• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Utility powers and "siloing" abilities

nittanytbone

First Post
So, do we know anything further about utility powers or rituals? The pregens are all very combat "attack" power heavy. The only utility power I've seen is the Rogue's tumble from Ampersand. I'm really interested in seeing how the siloing of abilities works. The wizard's magic missile at will is great, but what about if he needs to Erase a magical rune or use a divination or conjure up an unseen servant?

Shroomy

Adventurer
nittanytbone said:
So, do we know anything further about utility powers or rituals? The pregens are all very combat "attack" power heavy. The only utility power I've seen is the Rogue's tumble from Ampersand. I'm really interested in seeing how the siloing of abilities works. The wizard's magic missile at will is great, but what about if he needs to Erase a magical rune or use a divination or conjure up an unseen servant?

Some of the wizard's cantrips had non-combat uses, you may want to check them out.

nittanytbone

First Post
"Standard" wizard spells, even as "encounter" powers, would be drastically overpowered. Imagine the change on a gameworld if a level 1 Joe Wizard could conjure up an unseen servant every 5 minutes, for example...

I guess we just don't have enough info on how rituals work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads